Installing iOS 6.0.1 Update through OTA and iTunes
Yesterday Apple released an update for its latest mobile operating system iOS 6. They have now updated it to iOS 6.0.1 and is now available for all iOS devices including iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. This update fixes few very important bugs such as Camera Flash not going Off. Also many people were problems while with their screen while using onscreen keyboard.
Here is the complete list of fixes done with update 6.0.1:
- Fixes a bug that prevents iPhone 5 from installing software updates wirelessly over the air.
- Fixes a bug where horizontal lines may be displayed across the keyboard.
- Fixes an issue that could cause camera flash to not go off.
- Improves reliability of iPhone 5 and iPod touch (5th generation) when connected to encrypted WPA2 Wi-Fi networks.
- Resolves an issue that prevents iPhone from using the cellular network in some instances.
- Consolidated the Use Cellular Data switch for iTunes Match.
- Fixes a Passcode Lock bug which sometimes allowed access to Passbook pass details from lock screen.
- Fixes a bug affecting Exchange meetings.
Users can install this update either through iTunes or via OTA update. Here are the steps to get it.
Installing through OTA:
- Tab on Menu button
- Go to Settings, and click on ‘Software Update’
- Now wait for some time until system checks for the available Update.
- Once it is done, it will show you iOS 6.0.1 available for update as shown in the image above.
- You just need to tap on Download and Install.
Thats it, yoiu will be done. Just make sure that you have atleast 70% battery charged and connected through WiFi or 3G because the update is almost 70MB and your battery should not get empty during this process.
Installing through iTunes:
- Make sure you have the latest iTunes installed on your computer.
- Just connect your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad with computer via Cable
- When iTunes will be launched youi should automatically get a pop up telling about the update available.
- You will get 3 options on the pop up where you can choose "Download" If you want to just download now and install later, and i you want to update it right now, simply click on Download and Update.
Thats it. Now wait for few minutes until your device gets updated to the latest iOS v6.0.1