Batman: Arkham Knight is the fourth major edition of the video game series released on 23 June, 2015. The plot of the game is that Batman has to face 10 super-villains including a new powerful and dangerous character called the Arkham Knight, old-enemy of Batman, Scarecrow, unites Penguin, Two-Face, Harley Quinn, Firefly, Poison Ivy, Riddler and mighty Arkham Knight to put The Caped Crusader to rest, Forever. Batman has to fight these super-evil villains to save Gotham City.
Batman: Arkham Knight was played for 15 hours, completing 70% of the game and I found out that there were so many problems and bugs in the game. I recommend you to follow the troubleshooting steps given below if you are planning to go for the game without any hassles. We have made a whole guide on how to troubleshoot this one game ‘Batman: Arkham Knight’. The game is available for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, OS X and Linux. Follow the steps below to play Batman: Arkham Knight without any interruptions.
Before getting into hardcore troubleshooting, make sure your system config meets the following requirements:
Minimum System Requirements:
- Operating System: Windows 7, 64 bit
- CPU: Intel Core i5-750 2.66GHz, AMD Phenom II X4 965
- Memory: 6 GB
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660, AMD Radeon HD 7870
- DirectX: DirectX 11
- HDD Space: 45 GB
Recommended System Requirements:
- Operating System: Windows 8, 64 bit
- CPU: Intel Core i7-3770 4-Core 3.4GHz, AMD FX-8350
- Memory: 8 GB
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 4GB, AMD Radeon R9 290X
- DirectX: DirectX 11
- HDD Space: 45 GB
Without meeting at-least the Minimum system requirements, there is no need to look below for other troubleshooting steps, because they are not going to work for you. If you have any of the above mentioned system, then i’m sure below provided steps will workout for you fixing the errors and other problems. Let’s continue with our troubleshooting guide.
Here’s what you can to if Batman: Arkham Knight is ‘Unable to Install’
- Turn off your Antivirus and all computer securing applications, these software’s usually stop new applications from installing on the PC. After disabling the software’s, try to install the game, if the installation is completed you can enable your Antivirus.
- Make sure your Antivirus is updated to the latest version. If it is running on an older version, download the latest version from the official website of your Antivirus.
- Norton Software is the main culprit if your game is not getting installed. Disable all version or package of Norton antivirus if it is already there in your PC. You can disable it in the settings.
- Try running the game on just one Graphics processor, disable the second GPU in the Graphics Card control panel.
- You can just try installing the game again in case game refused installing in first attempt. If it still doesn’t respond after trying the above steps, the DVD might be scratched or damaged. Get the DVD replaced.
Here’s what you can do if Batman: Arkham Knight Crashes on launching, Won’t load or Won’t Start
There are possibilities that Batman: Arkham Knight can trouble you in many ways. If you don’t want that to happen, then install the latest version Graphics Card on your PC. The video drivers seek for an upgrade to play this game. You can download the Graphics Card drivers on the official websites which are mentioned below.
- Download Nvidia Card drivers
- Download AMD ATI Card drivers
You may also have to update the DirectX if required, which is also available on the official website of DirectX. If the game still crashes after update, reboot the computer and try installing again.
You can also try Turning off the UAC
The UAC or the User Account Control is default software in Windows which may stop a new application from launching as it is security software. Here’s what you can do to avoid this problem, click on start and search for UAC, click on UAC and drag the slider towards down, that’s it. Now restart your PC and your ready to launch with the game.
Another thing which could avoid trouble for you is by launching the game in compatible mode. All you have to do is go to C:\Program Files, find the folder Batman: Arkham Knight, in that look for the file acu.exe and right click on it and choose the properties option. In that go to the Compatible tab and choose a single OS and try again.
If Batman: Arkham Knight is Lagging or Freezing, you can try the following measure
Lagging is caused in most of the games, even in Batman: Arkham Knight we noticed that there is a problem of lagging, which causes disruption in the game. If you want to avoid it you can download Razer Cortex: Game Booster, from the official website. If you are using Nvidia then here is a guide on how to avoid lagging in the game.
To avoid lagging, go to Nvidia Control Panel, in that double click on Manage 3D settings, next click on the Program Settings and look out for Power Management in that. You just have to maximize the performance option, which will reduce the lagging and give you a better gaming experience.
Here’s what you can do to prevent Stuttering in Batman: Arkham Knight
If the game is stuttering or stammering in your PC, which happens often, you have to follow these simple procedures to prevent it.
- The reason your game is stuttering could be because your PC is running on old drivers. Just like Graphic Cards even your system driver should be updated to run the game smoothly. You won’t face this problem if you are using a high end PC.
- If the problem is still occurring, go to Control Panel, select Hardware and Sound, select Sound, a new tab will pop up, you will see ‘Communications’ tab, click on that and select ‘Do Nothing’.
- There is another solution for this problem, open Run Box (Win+R), type dxdiag in there, click on the Sound segment and reduce the Sound Acceleration.
Batman: Arkham Knight – Resolution or Low FPS problems
The Batman: Arkham Knight game has Resolution problems, we face this problem in most of the high-end games we play. The solution to repair you resolution is very simple. You just have to update your video drivers. This is the main cause, which gives us low resolution while gaming.
When the video drivers are updated, there are chances that your game might face low FPS (Frames per Second), this happens because of the high resolution. To increase the FPS you have to reduce the use of background applications, the background applications gobbles up most of your RAM and CPU. You can also modify some settings to get even better experience while playing Batman: Arkham Knight, you just have to disable V-Sync and Ant Aliasing in the Control Panel of Graphic settings.
To make the game use maximum CPU, you can go to the Task Manager and select the Processes Tab, now find the auc.exe file there, right click on that file and change the priority to High time.
If Batman: Arkham Knight crashes during Gameplay, follow the below instructions to avoid it
Till now if you have successfully installed Batman: Arkham Knight and fixed stuttering, lagging, resolution and other issues, the next major issue you may face is Batman: Arkham Knight crashing to the desktop during Gameplay. To resolve this issue we give you some instructions which you’ll have to follow.
- The foremost reason which causes this problem is because of the background applications, you have to stop the applications which consume more CPU usage, for that start the Task Manager, and select End Task on the unwanted applications.
- Also make sure that the Antivirus is disabled once again, antivirus may be the reason behind crashing.
- If you are using ATI or AMD Graphics Card make sure you remove Catalyst Control Center and restart the game.
- You can optimize your computer to make it work better. To optimize you PC, start Run Box (Win+R) and type MSCONFIG there are press enter, a new tab will pop up on your screen, in the tab select Startup option and hide all Microsoft Services and Disable All the services later.
- If you are Nvidia Graphics Card user, you have to enable the Thread Optimization in the control panel of graphic settings.
If the Screen goes Black while playing Batman: Arkham Knight, here’s what you can do
If the video drivers are not updated you will face Black Screen problems. Check out these fixes to prevent Batman: Arkham Knight Game going Black Screen.
- First of all you need to update your video drivers and Motherboard drivers and try to reload the game.
- Make sure you have minimum system requirements.
- Go to Game settings and turn off V-sync, Anti Aliasing and Filtering.
- Once again check if the antivirus is disabled, if not disable it this instance.
- End all other applications and don’t download anything from the internet while playing the game.
If Batman: Arkham Knight is Unable to Save Game on Steam
If your game is not getting saved on the operating system Steam, you have to simply Exit the game and reboot your computer, then start the OS steam and validate your game file, later login with your personal account and go to Library, there you will see Batman: Arkham Knight, right click on the file and go to Local Files, Click on verify Integrity of game cache and you are all set to save the game on your PC.
Here are few Errors and Solutions for Batman: Arkham Knight
Error: Cannot Install Batman: Arkham Knight
Check if you have minimum system requirements, if you have all the system requirements, update the Graphic Cards, Motherboard drivers, Video and Audio drivers. Upgrade DirectX. All these are available on their respective official websites.
Error: Assassin’s Creed Unity PC Install Fails, Cannot Install
This problem is created due to the bugs in Microsoft C++, you have to uninstall this software from the control panel and download the latest version from the official website.