Assassin’s Creed Unity is a new game which is released relapsed by Ubisoft. This game is a new series in the Assassin’s Creed category where you get a more advance game play and also amazing levels. IT is one of the most anticipated games of this year. Here we will be working on various game issues. Because it is common that the game might have some bugs due to which you are unable to play.
I am making this guide after working on various errors that I had found while playing. And most of them are easy to fix. There is a also a patch released for Assassin’s Creed Unity which commonly resolve various problems.
This guide is open if you are having further more problems. You can post your query here and in return we will try to give you the best possible solution. Some technical issues with Assassin’s Creed Unity are yet pending to resolve. Before trying out the manual methods below you can start with downloading the Assassin’s Creed Unity Day 1 patch and try that. Or else this guide is open to give you maximum solution.
Start with checking the maximum and minimum system requirements to run Assassin’s Creed Unity on pc. This really matters a lot. Without checking that if you try to play there can be lot of issues. So let’s have a look on the same.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Operating System: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8/8.1 64-bit
- CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K @ 3.3 GHz or AMD Phenom II x4
- Memory: 6 GB
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 or AMD Radeon HD 7970 (2 GB VRAM)
- DirectX: DirectX 10
- HDD Space: 50 GB
Recommended System Requirements:
- Operating System: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8/8.1 64-bit
- CPU: Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3.4 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz
- Memory: 8 GB
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 or AMD Radeon R9 290X (3 GB VRAM)
- DirectX: DirectX 11
- HDD Space: 50 GB
It is quiet necessary to verify the system requirements. That plays a vital role in the game performance. If you are having a good high end pc then you won’t face much issue with the resolution and graphic output. And you can also optimize the settings as per your need. But if the system requirement is low the game might crash.
Assassin’s Creed Unity Unable to Install:
This is the most common thing. It happens when you are trying to install the game and it is does not work. It is also common in many other pc games which eventually appear. There are some common fixes for this issue:
- Start with verifying the status of your antivirus or your security software. It can be anything. A anti-malware tool or firewall. Sometime these security applications block new program installation. Disable them and try back.
- One of the most common antiviruses which is behind this error is Norton Security. Any pack of Norton installed in your pc can cause the issue. You have to just turn it off for some time. It is in the settings.
- If even after turning of the antivirus nothing works then the issue lies with the game DVD. You have to verify the same and try out. Sometime you get a scratched or a damage one. You will have to replace the same.
- If you had downloaded the game in the form of ISO file or if you are trying to install the same in the form of setup file then you have to check that whether it is damage or not. Just try re-downloading it and verify the file.
Note: Most of the time the installation will start working if you re-install the game. It is good to reboot your pc once and disable all startup items and then try once again. You have to remove the game installation files from Program file which will avoid more this kind of errors. A registry cleaner will help more.
Assassin’s Creed Unity Wont load, Won’t Start or Crashes on launch:
This one can be resolved if you go ahead and update the drivers. There is no need to re-install the game from scratch. Start with the video drier update and then check once again. Here once you are done with the installation thee next thing you have to do is locate the new drivers. This can be done manually by visiting the official site.
- Download Nvidia Card drivers
- Download AMD ATI Card drivers
If still the above thing is not helping then you have to try checking the issue with DirectX. It is quiet important that you must have the most recent version installed in your system. Sometime it happens that you are using the old version and that is causing the game to crash. You can download and get the latest version from the official site.
Turning of UAC:
This is another reason that sometime blocks the game launch. You have to disable this thing first. Most of the crashes are often related to UAC which is a kind of security option in Windows to block new application launch.
- For that you have to click on Start and in the search box type UAC.
- Click on UAC and then drag the slider to the down side.
- Restart your pc and check.
The last thing you can do is go in the game folder and launch the game in compatibility mode. Sometime this also works. For that you have to go in C:\Program Files. Here the game is installed in a folder Assassin’s Creed Unity. Go in that and look for acu.exe. Right click on the same and then choose properties. Go in the compatibility tab and choose one OS version and try again.
Assassin’s Creed Unity Lagging, Freezing and Low FPS Problems:
There is an option through which you can simply reduce the lag of the game. Lagging happens most of the game when you are playing games and it is quiet annoying. Here you can try using Razer game booster. This one will automatically boost your gaming output and will offer you a decent gaming. Or else if you are having Nvidia then you can try out the below options:
- For that start Nvidia Control Panel and in that go in Manage 3d Settings
- Then you have to click on program setting and there you have to look for power management. Just go in that.
- Now from here choose Maximum performance option. This will reduce lagging.
Assassin’s creed Unity Stuttering:
Stuttering is very much similar to lagging. But this thing is related to audio and video both. Here if you are having audio problem then you have to work on the sound river part. And you can find the same in the motherboard driver cd. This kind of issue occurs when your system has old drivers. You can use Driver Software on the same.
Assassin’s Creed Unity Resolution issue:
Sometime while playing games you won’t be able to get a good resolution on the same. Or you might not be able to adjust the screen resolution as per your screen. This issue is directly related with the video driver. So here only updating drivers is necessary.
- If the game resolution is high then there are maximum changes of having low fps problem. Also the game can lag or freeze while paying. As it uses a high amount of process. So here you have to ensure that you are having minimum system requirements. Or else lagging issue will not get fixed.
- Also try to free up maximum resources while playing the game. Reduce the amount of application that you have installed in your system. You can go in Task Manager. Go in processes and from there you have to simply kill process which is eating up maximum CPU and RAM.
- Turing of Vsync and Antialiasing will also help. And it will be very helpful. You can turn that off through the Graphic card control panel. With that if you can turn off triple buffering then also it will help. You can simply disable two things using D3DOverrider. They are triple buffering and V-sync.
After doing all these stuff you will see a significant performance game on your system. For that you can first start the game and then hit Alt + Tab to minimize the game.
Launch Task Manager and there go in Processes. In that you have to see auc.exe. Right click on the exe file and set the priority to high or real-time. This will let the game to use maximum cpu.
If you are playing the game on steam and you are facing the fps issue then you have to check your internet connection. Due to poor internet you get lagging problem.
ACU.exe is crashing with dll file:
- Sometime a dll file causes the issue. The game will start and crash. You have to find the dll file from the web and replace that form the pogrom files folder and then try back.
- Sometime mouse lags when you try to move and see the character. You have to go in video control panel and from there you have to modify the max frame value. Set that to 2 and done.
Assassin’s Creed unity Disk Read Error:
- If you are getting disk read error then remove the cd from the system. Clean it and update the cd driver of your system. And then insert it back again. Then text.
Assassin’s Creed Unity Crash To Desktop (CTD) during Game play:
Here if you had followed the above steps properly then you are done with fixing the startup things. But still sometime the game might crash while playing. That means after setup. So here are some fix for that:
- Sometime the crash is too frequent due to some unwanted processes that occupy the ram and cpu. And the game is unable to get maximum resources. IT is a common thing. You have to kill the processes through Task Manager and then try back again. For that launch Task Manager and then go in Process tab. kill all unwanted things.
- The next thing you have do is optimize the pc to work better. Because this process will start again as you restart your pc. You have to go in System configuration utility to stop them permanently. And you can do that by typing MSCONFIG in the Start > Run box. Just type that and hit enter. Go in startup and then click on hide Microsoft services. Then choose disable all and reboot.
- As I said before you also have to turn off your antivirus before starting the game. You can do that by right clicking on the icon in system tray and choose disable.
- If the issue persists then launch the Graphic Card Control panel and from there you have to assign a single gpu for the game. Sometime two are selected and crash getting’s common.
- For those you are using Nvidia graphic card, launch the control panel and then go in Thread Optimization. You have to enable this.
- Those who are having ATI or AMD have to remove Catalyst Control Center. And then start the game once again.
Assassin’s Creed Unity Black Screen Problem:
Black screen problem is something that appears when you are not having the most recent version of video drivers. Second reason is related to security issue or some conflict. You can try below fixes for that:
- Start with installing the latest video drivers in your system. And then go ahead with motherboard driver updates.
- The next thing you have to do is go in the game settings and you have to turn off three things. They are VSync, anti-aliasing and filtering. If you are having multi-sampling in that then reduce the same. Try to run the game on lower settings.
- Once again just disable your antivirus and other security issue to prevent the problem.
- Though Task Manager kill all the background process so that the game can work well.
Most of the above solutions are enough to fix the black screen problem. And if nothing works properly then you have to remove the game completely and then delete all the files and game folder from program files. And then install the game back again. You can back up the game from save game directory.
Assassin’s Creed unity No Audio:
- Sometime the game might work well but there will not audio on the same. For that you have to start DXDiag. Just type this in the search box and a DirectX window will appear. In that you have to click on sound. Just go on that and lower the sound acceleration and done.
- Updating the audio driver will also be very much helpful. You can find the same on the official site of motherboard manufacturer. Just download and install the latest drivers and test back.
- Another solution here is to go in Control Panel. There look for Hardware and Sound. Click on Communication tab. In that go in Do nothing. And then restart and check back.
Assassin’s Creed unity Unable to Save Game on Steam:
- This one is another common issue that appears when you play game. And it comes mostly on steam. So here is a tiny fix:
- Exit the game and reboot your pc.
- Then start steam and you have to validate your game files.
- Then login with your account and then go in the Library section.
- From there you have to choose Assassin’s Creed unity.
- Right click on the same and choose properties and there go in the Local File tab. Click on verify Integrity of game cache.
Assassin’s Creed Unity Installation Error and Solutions:
Error: “Cannot Install Assassin’s Creed Unity”
This is one of the most common error I had seen which occur for many games. And also it is common with applications. Here there is no exact reason why this error occurs. If you want to fix the same you must start from scratch. Try checking the minimum system requirement first.
Check that you are having enough hardware to run the same. The next thing you have to do is update your GPU drivers. And the next thing you have to do is simply update DirectX version. These are the common things that will help you in fixing the game output. You can get Direct X from Microsoft Download Center
Error: “The Application failed to initialize properly”
If you are dealing with the above error at the time of Assassin’s Creed Unity installation then you have to install the latest version of Microsoft Visual Runtime Libraries. It is not a very big download. You can get that form here
Error: “Assassin’s Creed Unity PC Install Fails, Cannot Install”
This error is very simple to fix. And it mostly appears at the time of setup. When you double click on the setup file to run the same. This bug is usually related to Microsoft C++. To fix that first you have to uninstall the old version of Microsoft C++. For that go in Control Panel > Uninstall Program.
Click on Microsoft C++ and remove it. Then you have to go on the official site to get the latest update. Download it and install it. And then try back. Once you are done with fresh setup you have to reboot your pc and test back.
Assassin’s Creed Unity Day 1 patch:
This is the final thing that you have to try out if nothing helps you out. This patch is very effective and helpful. It will fix a lot of issue. A short list is below:
- Fixed Crashing of game
- Advance Graphic page addition for NVIDIA
- Better performance for Game cinematic.
- Fixed various graphic bug
- Fixed various input bug
- Fixed Multi-GPU bug
- Fixed UI bug’s
- Fixed MSAA Enabled Game crash
- Fixed Multi-Monitor bug