Call of Duty doesn’t require any introduction. It is one of the best Action packed War Game in the gaming history. Now we are in the era of 10th installment of Call of Duty with “COD Ghosts” developed by Infinity Ward and released by Activision. Developers have worked really hard to make the game best so far in the series and they succeeded as well. The gameplay is really amazing with stunning graphics. Due to which the game requires really pretty gaming rig. Also this can be the heaviest game so far consuming 40GB of your hard drive storage.
With such heavy and high end games, it is obvious to get some problems such as lagging issues, freezing, FPS problems etc. Even I faced many of these problems but fortunately managed to fix the same and completed successfully. If you are also struggling with these problems, here is something useful stuff which can help you to get rid of the same. I’m posting here step by step troubleshooting guide of Call of Duty Ghosts using which you fix the lagging, freezing, FPS, sound problems, etc easily. But before that lets check out the System requirements of the game.
Call of Duty Ghosts Minimum System Requirement:
- OS: Win 7 64
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 2.66GHz / Phenom 8750 Triple-Core
- RAM: 2GB
- Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTS 450 /AMD Radeon HD 5870 1024MB
- DirectX: DX 11
- HDD space: 40 GB
Call of Duty Ghosts Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 7 64
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66GHz / Phenom II X4 805
- RAM: 8GB
- Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 2GB VRAM0 / AMD GeForce GTX 660 Ti
- Direct : DX 11
- HDD space: 40 GB
Please note that before trying out below troubleshooting steps you must meet atleast minimum system requirements of the game because of your rig is less than that, there is no use of troubleshooting it.
Call of Duty Ghosts Crashes while starting or during Gameplay and Crashes to Desktop (CTD):
- If the game is just crashes every time while startup, there would be possibly some background process or security suite blocking the game. So what you need to do is disable your antivirus and kill all those unwanted background process before playing. You can do this by typing msconfig on Start Menu , press Enter. Go to Startup Tab and disable everything except what is required for the game.
- If still the problem persists then it could be your outdated graphic drivers. In fact this is what you should updated every time you install a new Game on your PC. Anyways, download the latest driver version from below links and install them:
a) You can download Nvidia Card drivers from here
b) For AMD ATI Graphic Cards, download drivers from here
- Disable all security suites, Firewalls and Antiviruses temporarily while playing the game. Specially if your system is running Norton, it should be killed completely because it recognizes video games exe files as virus.
- Make sure you have latest version of DirectX running on your computer. If you don’t have, download one from here.
- Another important thing you do to fix the crash is running your game on only One GPU. Go to your Video card’s control Panel and turn off one of the 2 GPUs.
Call of Duty Ghosts wont load, Freeze at Startup:
This is one of the common problems with several high end video games. Although your system has pretty good gaming rig, many times the game fails to start or freezes or sometimes crashes as well. If this is happening with your Call of Duty Ghosts, here are some fixes for you:
- The very first cause of this problem is your System Drivers. Make sure that you have all latest drivers installed. Infact you must update all drivers before installing the game.
- In my case it was UAC (User Account Control) creating problem. I just disabled the same temporarily and the problem sorted out. So if you are playing the same on your Win 7 with UAC enabled, you obviously need to disable the same. You can do this by typing UAC in Start menu > press Enter. In the opened window, pull the slider at the bottom and click OK. To effect the change you will need to restart the system and now launch the game. It should work.
Call of Duty Ghosts wont install:
- Many times your Antivirus detects the game launcher as a Virus and they block their actions. This could be the reason you are not able to install the game. Hence turnyou’re your Antivirus and all security suites before installing the game.
- If you have bought the DVD of the game then possibly DVD might be having scratches. See if this is not the case.
- I just know these two reasons for not able to install the games. If you are getting any error with failed installation, please post here so that I can provide your solution according to the same.
Call of Duty Ghosts Sound Stuttering and No Sound:
- The very first thing you need to do here is updating your sound drivers
- Install latest DirectX version.
- If still the sound problem remains, you need to decrease Sound Acceleration. You can do this by typing ‘dxdiag’ in the start menu. On the newly opened window, click on Sound Tab and Reduce Sound Acceleration.
- Another fix is by going to Control Panel, click on Hardware and Sounds, click on Sound, go to ‘Communications’ Tab, click on last option ‘Do Nothing’ and click Ok.
- Also go to ‘Playback’ tab in the same window and click current device. Click Configure and change the Audio Channel to Sterio. Restart the game and see if the problem goes away.
Call of Duty Ghosts shows Blackscreen:
- Make sure you are running the game as an Administrator. You can do this by right clicking the respective exe file and clicking on “Run as Administrator”. Better run the game by clicking the exe from its installation directory instead of desktop shortcut. It should be probably under C:\Programs files\Call of Duty Ghosts.
- Make sure you have updated graphics drivers installed. If still getting Blackscreen, try to run the game on Lower settings. You can do this simply by disabling VSync and multi-sampling
- Blackscreen can also be due to outdated motherboard’s driver. Update the same from its manufacturer’s officially website. If you find Bios Update, do the same as well.
- If you are playing the game online (Steam) make sure you have disabled the Firewall or simply add callofduty.exe in the firewall as approved.
- If the Blackscreen still appears, simply uninstall the game, delete its installation folder from program files, delete the folder generated under My Documents manually and restart the computer. Now re-install the game again. It should work fine now.
Call of Duty Ghosts lagging, freezing or getting Low FPS:
- Open your Video card’s control panel and turn off vsync and antialiasing.
- This can also be because of lack of resources. There would be several unwanted process and services running in background. So always kill all unwanted running processes by going to task Manager and resume your game.
- To fix the FPS issue, you should RUN the game on triple buffering and V-sync using the D3DOverrider software. But note that if you know doing that, than only attempt.
Call of Duty Ghosts Error Codes: Msvcr100.dll, Msvcr110.dll and Msvcr120.dll is Missing:
You are facing any of these Error Codes with your game copy, then your system is missing Microsoft Visual C++. You can download the same from here. If it is already installed and you are facing the problem then you will need to re-install the same again.
Another tip is to set Task Manager Priority to Normal for iwsp_64.exe Processes and the same for mp.exe Processes if you have a lag in mouse actions.