Call of Juarez has been one of the best game series in Shooter genre since 2006 when we had its first title. Now, in 2013, Ubisoft has put us again in the shoes of ruthless bounty hunter with the launch of 4th installment of the series named “Call of Juarez Gunslinger.” Compared to its earlier three titles, the gameplay is much improved in this sequel though the graphic is not so high as we have seen in some recent games. But still there are several gamers who facing problems with the game. Some of them have reported about installation, errors, some are facing Error messages, while some are facing crash or freezing problem. Hence, to help out all those friends, I gathered some important troubleshooting steps and posting here which will help you all to get rid of problems and enjoy Call of Juarez Gunslinger comfortably. Here we go:
As usual, the very first thing you need to check when you face any problem with video games, is the System Requirements. If you are meeting the officially announced recommended configuration, then well and good instead you must atleast meet the minimum system requirements. Otherwise you will face many such problems. So here is the System requirements for Call of Juarez Gunslinger:
Minimum System Requirements:
- Operating System: Windows Xp
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E4400 2.0GHz OR Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4200+
- Memory: 2 GB
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT OR AMD Radeon HD 3850
- DirectX: DirectX 9
- HDD Space: 9 GB
Recommended System Requirements:
- Operating System: Windows 7
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0GHz OR AMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition
- Memory: 4 GB
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti OR AMD Radeon HD 5770 512MB
- DirectX: DirectX 11
- HDD Space: 9 GB
If your system configuration is equal or more than those requirements and still facing problems than surely there is something else creating the issues. Lets check out each and every issues in details with their solution.
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger Crashes at startup or in game:
Along Freeze and Lag, crashing is one of the most common problems now days with several pc video games. Sometimes our game crashes during the game and sometimes it crashes right when we launch the game. There could be several reasons for the same. Hence lets check out all of the one by one.
The very first thing that create game crash is any other startup program that loads with your system boot up and mess with the game. So you should disable all unwanted programs from the startup list. You can do this by following the below steps:
- On Windows 7 and Vista based computers, go to Start > type ‘msconfig’ without quotes. This will open System Configuration windows. Here click on Startup Tab and disable all unwanted applications that is not required during the game.
- On Windows running systems, press and hold Win key + R, type msconfig, go to Startup Tab, Click Disable ALL button and click on OK.
After the system reboot try launching the game and see if it works fine now. If still not, then just go through the following steps:
- It may be drivers problem. You should always update your graphics and other drivers before installing any new video game on your PC. Anyways, you can do it now also . Do it and see if it fixes the problem. If you are using Nvidia Graphic Card then you can get the drivers from here. And if it is AMD ATI Cards then click here for the drivers.
- Another cause of Game Crash use to be your security suites. Specifically while playing online games (Steam for example). Hence what you need to do is disable your antivirus program and try starting the game.
- Another important stuff which we need to take care to get rid of crash is DirectX. Make sure you have the latest version of DirectX installed. You can download the same from here
- Also try to turn off one of the two GPUs from graphics control panel and start the game on any one.
This have been very old problem with many high end games. Also I received many people telling that their Call of Juarez: Gunslinger is not starting up or it freezes for about 3 to 5 minutes during the launch. If you are also facing the same problem then here is the solution for all.
- The problems occurs due to insufficient resources or insufficient permission. Hence if you are running the game on Vista or Win 7 PC, then you will need to disable the UAC, reboot the computer, launch the game. Infact you should always disable UAC at the of game installation itself. Here is how you can turn of User Account Control (UAC) in Vista and Win 7:
- Just click on Start, Type UAC, Press Enter.
- A window will open, pull the slider at the bottom and click OK.
- Now reboot your machine and start playing.
- Just like several older applications, even Video games required to be launched in Compatibility mode on Windows 7. Hence if you have tried yet, try to run the game in Windows XP SP3 Compatibility mode. Forget the desktop shortcut of the game, go to the installation folder, right click the application exe file and select properties. Go to Compatibility tab and select Windows XP SP3. Apply > OK and run the game.
- This step could be surprising but you should give it a try as well. If the game crashes as soon as the screen appears after the launch, then you may need to unplug your USB headset. Yes, this has fixed the crashing problem several times.
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger Blackscreen and Crashes to Desktop (CTD) problem:
Now this is most irritating problem we have seen with pc video games. Many times after launching the game what we get is just sound and the screen remains black and blank. Or many times the crashes and the next screen you see is your desktop. This is called Crashes to Desktop (CTD). Here are some working troubleshooting steps for the same:
- Very first thing you need to here is disable all security suites installed on your computer such as Windows defender, Antivirus, etc.
- Open your Graphic Control panel and disable V-sync, anti-aliasing and filtering.
- Open Task Manager and kill all unwanted process running in the background. This will free up the resources which can be utilized by your game for better performance
- Instead of running the game from Desktop Shortcut, go to installation directory, open Call of Juarez: Gunslinger folder, right click games respective .exe file and Run as an Administrator.
- If still the game crashes or you get black screen then simply lower your graphics settings by disabling VSync and multi-sampling
- In case you are playing Call of Juarez: Gunslinger on steam, then make sure that along with Antivirus your firewall is also disabled. Also go to Firewall windows and add games .exe file as approved application in the firewall.
- If still you facing the same problem then uninstall the game completely from the system. Remove all its folder from the installation directory and My Documents (don’t forget to backup save game files). Better run Disc cleanup and remove all traces of the game your system. Reboot the system and do a fresh installation of the game. Hopefully the problem should be gone by now.
Call of Juarez Gunslinger Sound Stuttering and No Sound problem:
- This could be probably your Sound driver issue or outdated directX. Hence what you need to is update the Sound driver from its manufacturer’s official web page instead of getting it from Windows Update. Similarly update the DirectX from MS download center.
- If still you facing the problem, go to Start Menu > type ‘dxdiag’ and press Enter. In the opened Window click on Sound Tab and simply decrease Sound Acceleration.
- Also go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sounds > click on Sound > ‘Communications’ Tab. Here click on ‘Do Nothing’ option and Apply > Ok.
- You can also try a fix by clicking on the ‘Playback’ tab in the above window, than click on the current device and click Configure. Now change the Audio Channel to Sterio.
- Better reboot the system and launch the game.
Call of Juarez Gunslinger lagging, freezing or getting Low FPS issue:
- This has been common problems with highly graphical games or while playing the game online. This could be because of insufficient resources on local PC or Internet problems while playing online. Here is what you need to do:
- Open your Graphic Card’s control panel and disable vsync as well as antialiasing.
- Go to Device Manager, click Process Tab. Here kill all un required running process.
- As far as the FPS issues is concerned, try running the game on tripple buffering and V-sync using the D3DOverrider software. But note that if you know doing that, than only attempt.
- Lagging issues may occur because of slow internet. Hence you should make sure that when you are playing the game, no other devices are using your bandwidth. This happens when you have shared internet on your home network.
- If you are connected over WiFi, plugin in the Ethernet Cable and try playing it online. Wired connection use to be always better then wireless connection.
Unable to Install Call of Juarez Gunslinger:
- Security suites play very important role in this. Most of the Antiviruses use to detect the game installer as Virus and create problems blocking their actions. Here Norton use to play very important role. Hence you should always disable Antivirus and all security suites (if any) before installing the game.
- More solutions on this problem could be provided only if you have any particular error while installing the game. For example if you get error saying “The Application failed to initialize properly”, than you need to install Microsoft Visual Runtime Libraries.
- Similarly if you are getting error message saying ‘Disc is Un-readable’, then make sure dvd is ok and not having scratches. Get a dry soft cloth and move away any dust or debris from the dvd.