Xiaomi’s Mi 4 has now official got the Windows 10 ROM from Microsoft. Indeed a great news for both the companies and Xiaomi users. Instead of buying any Lumia smartphones to experience the new Windows 10operating system. But remember, the ROM is only and only available for LTE variant of Xiaomi Mi 4. Do not try this on ant other variant or the phone may get into problems.
So, if you are bored of MIUI (although you just cannot because MIUI 7 is just amazing) or want to get some change, you can go through this guide showing how to install Windows 10 on Xiaomi Mi 4. It is very short and sweet guide. Let’s find out what all you require to get the job done.
- Download Windows 10 ROM for Xiaomi and keep it on your desktop
- Download Xiaomi MiFlash 20150601 tool and install it on your computer
That’s all you need. While installing the MiFlash tool, you might get popup saying ‘Windows cant verify the publisher of this driver’. Make sure you click on ‘install this driver anyway’. This is very important because the app comes integrated the Qualcomm driver. Also remember, for installing Windows 10 on Mi 4, you need the above provided MiFlash only. Earlier version will not work.
- Start by booting up your Xiaomi Mi 4 (LTE) in Fastboot mode.
- Turn off the phone. Press and Hold Volume Down and Power key for couple of seconds and it will boot in Fastboot.
- Now extract the Downloaded Windows 10 ROM package somewhere on your desktop.
- Run Mi Flash Tool on your computer, click on Browse and select the ROM.
- Now click on ‘Advance’ and click Fastboot Script Browse button.
- Browse and select flash_all.bat file from ROM folder.
- Now connect the Mi 4 phone with PC using properly working USB cable
- Make sure you see Mi 4 in the MiFlash application on computer. If it wont appear, click Refresh button.
- When it appears, simply click on ‘Flash Button’ and leave your PC & Phone idle for couple of minutes.
That’s it. MiFlash will install Windows 10 on your phone and notify you. Enjoy the latest and most secure Windows operating system ever.