Recently Oppo released all-new ColorOS 2.1.0i Beta for their two flagships, Find 7 & 7A which can be now downloaded and installed manually using the steps provided. But in case it fails to install, being the ROM in Beta version, you can try out the steps provided below here. This is the Recovery Update method and works fine with any Oppo ROM.
Flashing Color OS Recovery for Find 7
If you are using Color OS V1.2.xi version and you are unable to flash the Color OS V2.0.0i version or the Color OS V2.0.xi Beta, you can follow the steps provided below.
- You need to start by downloading the recovery package and copy it to the root directory which comes under the phone storage.
- Go to System Update > Select Local update > Click on the Update Package option > click on wipe data and update !!
- You will have to wait till the update is completed after which you can flash the Color OS V.2.0.0i or the Color OS V2.0.xi Beta version easily.
As far as flashing the firmware is concerned, you can use two of the methods System Update or Recovery Update, it is recommended to use the System Update. Below are the instructions for the System Update method:
System Update (for Color OS Stock Recovery)
Download the Color OS package and copy it to the root directory which comes under the phone storage.
- Download the Color OS package and copy it to the root directory which comes under the phone storage.
- Backup all your data using the stock Backup and Restore app or any other backup app.
- Go to System Update > Select Local update > Click on the Update Package option > Now click on Wipe data and update !!
- You will have to wait until the update has finished. Click on Reboot once the update has finished.
- Switch on your device and use the Backup and restore app to restore your data.
If you are unable to flash using System Update you can use the other method Recovery Update. The instructions for the same are provided below.
Recovery Update (Works for All Supported Recovery)
- Switch off your device
- Press the down power key and the volume button at the same(Power key + Volume down key) release your fingers when the OPPO logo appears, you will enter the recovery mode within a few seconds.
- Select the language.
- Press on the ‘wipe data and cache’ option. Select ‘YES’, when the data and cache have been wiped.
- Click on the option ‘Install from SD Card’.
- Select the firmware you have downloaded and press ‘YES’, the firmware will be updated in a few minutes.
- Click on ‘Reboot’ after the updating is finished.