Launched couple of months ago, XOLO Q600 comes with Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS with 1.2 GHz quad-core Mediatek 6589M processor, 512MB of RAM and 238 MHz PowerVR SGX544 GPU making the device good enough for smooth performance, better multitasking and of course better in Gaming. Recently the manufacturer has released a new firmware update that doesn’t makes any changes to the Android version but surely fixes several bugs and brings new improved UI and performance. However the update is available through OTA, many times it wont reaches to few users or the region you are located, in such cases you can simply download the Firmware and flash it manually. If you are the one among those who not received the update so far, dont worry, here is the step by step process for updating your phone to the latest available firmware.
Before start the actual process, here are few things which you need to take care:
- Make sure your phone’s battery is charged atleast 60%.
- Download the Firmware Package for Q600 from here and save it on your desktop.
- Rename the firmware package to update.zip
- Connect the phone via USB and copy the downloaded firmware to your phone’s SD Card. make sure you copy it to the card’s root folder.
- Disconnect USB Cable
Once you ready with all these stuffs, lets start the installation process:
- In your phone’s app drawer you will find an application named “Xolo Care”, tap the same to open.
- Tap on Update, tap Check for Software Update
- Now again tap on Check for Update
- Your phone will scan the phone as well as SD Card for update package.
- Once found you will see a notification on your screen asking Continue. Tap Continue
- Now the device will start installing the update automatically, you dont need to do anything here onwards.
- Leave the phone idle and let it install the update.
Once done, the phone will reboot itself and your device will be running on latest Firmware version.