As scheduled Samsung yesterday launched it latest flagship smartphone in the note series at its New York event, ‘Galaxy Note9’. The phone is not just beautiful with its end-to-end bezel-less display but also powerhouse inside. In India, Samsung has schedule an event for the launch of this new Note for August 22nd.
Talking about Note9, it is improved in all segments, including the S-Pen. The new Galaxy Note9 comes with all new Bluetooth powered S-Pen which not only works as the previous pens but now also works as Remote for your phone. Using the same you can now capture photos, browse the gallery or pause and play video too.
Galaxy Note9 is water resistant with IP68 ratings with up to 1.5 meters of water for 30 minutes. It also comes integrated and improved Bixby Personal Assistant having dedicated hardware button. For security features, Note9 comes with Iris scanner and fingerprint sensor on the back side, just like we saw in the S series flagship, Galaxy S9.
The new flagship sports a huge 6.4 inch Quad HD+ Super AMOLED Infinity display offering 2960 × 1440 pixels resolution along with 516ppi pixel density. It is further protected with Corning Gorilla Glass. The phone comes out of the box running the latest Android Oreo 8.1 with Single SIM and Dual SIM options. It is powered up with Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC with Adreno 630 GPU / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9 Series 9810 processor with Mali G72MP18 GPU, depending on the region. This is further accompanied by 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB storage and 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 512GB storage (UFS 2.1). Both the variants support expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD card.
Talking about the camera, Galaxy Note9 has Dual camera setup on the rear facing that consists of a 12 Megapixel rear camera with variable aperture tech that uses f/1.5 aperture to get sharper and brighter pictures in Night shots and the f/2.4 aperture for normal shots in daylights. The secondary camera is 12 Megapixel too with MP Telephoto lens for live focus for bokeh effect with background blur. For Selfie fans, there is an 8 Megapixel Auto focus front-facing camera with wide-angle lens having f/1.7 aperture for great pictures.
As per connectivity, the new Note9 supports all major connectivity options such as 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5 (LE up to 2Mbps), GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC and MST. There’s also a bunch of sensors on the phone including Accelerometer, Barometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor, Iris Sensor and Pressure Sensor.
Samsung has powered up the phone with 4000mAh battery supporting fast charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging.
Samsung Galaxy Note9 Specifications:
- Android 8.1 Oreo OS
- Single and Hybrid Dual SIM variants (nano + nano / microSD)
- 6.4 inch Quad HD+ Super AMOLED Infinity display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- 2960 × 1440 pixels resolution with 516ppi pixel density
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC with Adreno 630 GPU and Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9 Series 9810 processor with Mali G72MP18 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB storage and 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 512GB storage (UFS 2.1), Expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD card
- 12 Megapixel primary rear camera with f/2.4-f/1.5 variable aperture, LED Flash, 960fps super slo-mo and 12
- Megapixel secondary rear camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 8 Megapixel auto focus front-facing camera with wide-angle lens, f/1.7 aperture
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5 (LE up to 2Mbps), GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC and MST
- 4000mAh battery with fast charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
Talking about the Pricing and availability of Samsung Galaxy Note9, in U.S. it is priced at $999.99 for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage variant that is about Rs. 68,750 approximately. While the 8GB RAM with 512GB storage variant costs $1,249.99 that is about Rs. 85,900 approximately. The pre-registrations are starting today (August 10) while it will go on sale starting from August 24, 2018 i.e. after the launch in India on August 22.