Gionee Elife E7 Mini is high end android Smartphone that comes with rotating camera. It is a good device at a budget price of Rs.17600. This one brings our dual sim support with Android v4.2 Jelly Bean operating system. Till yet officially it has not received any Android 4.4.2 KitKat update. But we are going to install that through different way. But before that lest have a look on the device features. Gionee Elife E7 Mini is powered by a powerful 1.7 GHz Cortex-A7 Octa Core processor. This provide you smooth multi-tasking usage.
Gionee Elife E7 Mini works well with various games and applications. It has a 4.7 Inches LCD screen where you get a maximum resolution of 1280 x 720 Pixels. It has a 13 Megapixel primary camera with 13 Megapixel secondary camera. This means there is a single camera in the phone but as it is rotatable you can use the same from front and back photo. It has 1GB ram and provide you 16 and 32GB storage version. It runs on 2100 mAh battery. Overall features of Gionee Elife E7 is impressive.
It can be a good choice device for those who are looking for a Smartphone ideal for multimedia or for gaming. Gionee has announced this new android kitkat update for Gionee Elife E7. I am quite sure there are many who are not able to get this. That is because it is not an OTA update. You have to download and install that manually. Here we are going to use the official rom not a custom one. That means you do not have to root your phone. By simply installing this official rom you get the latest android OS. Once the new android operating system is installed you cannot revert back to the old one.
- Backup your phone data first. We are going to flash the latest firmware rom which will wipe out the entire internal storage. Do not move ahead with backup.
- Charge your pone to maximum. Low charging can brick the device. It is essential that you have maximum charge left in the phone and then only you must move ahead.
- You will have to download the firmware file of Gionee Elife E7 Mini rom. It is divided into 3 parts: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3.
- Download Gionee Elife E7 Mini update tool and install that in your system.
- Update your pc with latest Gionee Elife E7 Mini usb drivers.
- Go in settings and tap on developer option. Enable usb debugging.
- Once you are done with all downloads moves all the flies in a one folder. You have to connect the phone to pc to find out whether the usb drivers are updated or not. Disconnect the phone and keep it aside.
- For the firmware file you will get that in rar format. Extract that in a folder.
- Now run the update tool. You will find a Flash tool application in a zip format. Extract that and run it.
- Here you have to click on scatter-loading button.
- A window will open. Choose MT6592_Android_scatter from the folder where you had extracted the firmware content.
- Now click on Firmware upgrade button.
- Switch of Gionee Elife E7 Mini and then connect the phone with the pc through original usb cable.
- The update will start. Do not touch the phone. If update fails change the usb port and check once again about the usb drivers.
- Once the update is over you will get a tiny popup window about the same. Disconnect the phone and turn it on.