Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 is the LTE variant of S4 which was released lat year with Android 4.2 Jellybean operating system. However, earlier in October Samsung officially released Android 4.3 Jellybean for S4 which brought some interesting new features and enhancements to the device. Now, as we all known the latest version from Android is 4.4.2 having all new features and UI compared to any other earlier android version. As of now it is only available for few Nexus devices, 2 Motorola smartphones and Samsung’s own Galaxy Note 3. Samsung Samsung rolled out Kitkat 4.4.2 for Note 3 just last week. So, now it is turn for Galaxy S4 to get Kitkat 4.4.2 but there is enough time.
However, the new ROM is already in development for S4 and it has already leaked couple of times on web which can be installed manually on out S4. We are going to do the same here today. If you dont want to wait anymore to test out Kitkat on your Galaxy S4, here is the leaked Official Kitkat ROM running Android 4.4.2 for Galaxy S4. We will today install I9505XXUFNA5 leaked rom on Galaxy S4 LTE variant which is GT-19505, but before that lets go through the requirements to get the process completed successfully. Here are the same:
- It is recommended to always Backup your entire phone including Contacts, Messages, Logs, Multimedia files which are stored in the phone memory, etc or whatever you require, every time while rooting or installing any other ROM. Because these process may require to wipe out your device’s memory which will result in lose of your data. So, to be safe, first backup your phone. There are many softwares available on Google Play for the same.
- Download Samsung USB Drivers from here and install them on your PC.
- Download the required I9505XXUFNA5 Firmware Package from here and extract them in a new folder on your desktop. It should have 4 files.
- Download Odin Software from here and save it on desktop as well.
- Now go to Phone’s Settings > Developer Options and enable USB Debugging. Many times the Developer section use to be grayed out or not listed at all. In such cases you need to enable it by tapping Build Number under About Phone for 7 times seven times. This will enable the Developer Options. Now enable USB debugging from there.
- Make sure your phone has atleast 60% plus battery charged. It should not drained out during the installation process.
- In case you have KIES installed on your system, disable it meanwhile until the process runs. Also disable your antivirus for safer side.
Once you are ready with all these requirements, we are good to go for the installation process but before that, please not that this guide is only for the LTE variant of GT-19505 variant of Galaxy S4. So, dont try this with any other model or variant of S4. Neither the steps nor the attached files are for any other model number. Also remember that although these process and files have been tested successfully, we are not responsible for anything goes wrong with your phone. So, follow it on your own. Now lets move to the installation process.
Rom Installation Process:
- Start the installation process by turning off your Galaxy S4 GT19505
- We need to boot the phone in Download Mode which can be done by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power button simultaneously. As soon as you see the Warning message, leave all buttons and press just Volume Up key to enter the Download Mode.You will see a message saying ‘Downloading.Do not turn off target’.
- Now as we are in Download Mode, launch Odin on your computer and connect the phone via USB Cable. After few seconds you will see a message in Odin that the device is detected.
- Now we are about to flash the downloaded software, so follow below steps carefully:
- In Odin, click on “AP” and browse to the new folder where you extracted the downloaded firmware. Select ‘AP_I9505XXUFNA5_373648_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_ CERT.tar.md5’
- Now click on ‘BL’ and select ‘BL_I9505XXUFNA5_373648_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_ CERT.tar.md5’
- Now click ‘CP’ and select ‘CP_I9505XXUFNA5_373648_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_ CERT.tar.md5’
- Finally click on ‘CSC’ and select ‘CSC_OXA_I9505OXAFNA5_373648_REV06_user_low_ship_M ULTI_CERT.tar.md5’
- Now uncheck the ‘Re-Partition’ option in Odin.
- Once done with above 5 steps, click on “Start” button in Odin to start the firmware installation.
- Now wait for sometime until the installation goes. You will see the progress on phone’s display.
- As soon as the installation gets completed, you will see a message “PASS” in Odin.
- The phone will reboot automatically. Once the Samsung logo appears during reboot, you can disconnect the cable.
Now enjoy the leaked Kitkat firmware on your Galaxy S4 19505.