How To Root And Install CWM Recovery On Canvas HD A116
Here is the tip to root and install CWM Recovery on your Micromax Canvas HD. You will find this installation very easy and will change your look and feel of your phone. There are many steps involved in rooting and installing CWM Recovery on your phone which is detailed below. If you willing to root and install CWM on to your phone then carry out the procedures carefully as one wrong step and you will result in bricking your phone.
Note down that this rooting process will work on Micromax Canvas 2 HD only do not try same steps on other phone.
- Before starting you should make backup of all your important data from phone and SD card memory, it can happen that you might fail in rooting process then you can just re-install your original ROM.
- You will need to make a setting on to your computer also like you have to disable all your antivirus and firewall setting on your computer.
- Now from phone turn on USB debugging mode and for this you need to go to menu of your phone and then settings and there you will find Application menu and in that you will see Developer option tick the USB Debugging option box.
- Please put your battery in charge and make sure that it was charged to at least 80%.
- Firstly wee need to download certain tools and drivers for installation of CWM Recovery, so download SP Flash Tools file, CWM Recovery package, Root File 1 and 2 and save it to a suitable folder on your PC.
- Connect your Micromax Canvas 2 HD A116 to your computer via USB cable and copy the entire downloaded file for rooting in to your SD card.
- On to your computer, just extract the SP flash tool file which was downloaded previously and open the extracted file you will see SP flash tool. Open that file you will be prompt with option of Scatter loading
- Now extract the root package folder and select “S9201_MP_F4_B1_IN_MMX_0.16_flasher_user” folder and select the “MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc” file which is Canvas HDs Scatter Loading file.
- On your phone screen check the “Recovery.img” option. Make sure that you have unchecked all other option and disconnect your phone from computer and turn it off.
- From Flash tool you need to select USB mode and enable it on your phone too and then go to options > DA download All > Speed > High Speed and click to download button.
- Now attach your Canvas 2 HD to your computer again and then turn it On, you will find that update process starts and wait till that process completes, once the process completes disconnect your phone and turn off your phone and boot in to recovery mode. All you have to do is press and hold Volume rocker button and power button and your Recovery menu appears.
- Now press Volume Up button to navigate up and select boot into Recovery Mode.
- Now in the Recovery Menu select “Flash update.zip” and select both the root file one by one and wait for the rooting process.
When the rooting process is finished, reboot your phone and you will be done.