LAVA Iris 501 is an android smartphone launched by lava some time back. This handset runs on android 4.1.1 Jelly bean. The features are great, performance is excellent. Yet if you wish to root your handset then you can follow the steps below.
Rooting the device would change the hardware and software of your handset. Before you start the process make sure your battery is fully charged or at the least is 75% charged because the process is time as well as battery consuming and it should not get drained during the process. If the battery is as per requirement, follow these to steps and then start the actual rooting process.
- Connect your device to the pc or laptop via USB by going to setting option and enabling the usb debugging mode.
- If required, download USB Drivers for Iris 501 from here.
- Download the CWM recovery and install it in your phone. Custom recovery is necessary for rooting the handset.
- Download SU Package and save it on your desktop.
- Also download SU Bin and save in computer.
- Once ready, follow below process carefully.
Steps of rooting iris 501:
- Copy the downloaded Super Usage Packages to your phone’s SD Card.
- Turn off your Phone.
- Reboot the device in recovery mode by press and hold Volume Up + Power Button
- From the CWM Recovery select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- Now select “Install from SD Card” from the main recovery screen, browse to the location where you have saved superuser.zip and su-bin.zip files.
- Select both one by one and install.
- Final step is rebooting your system to get started with the rooted Lava Iris 501.