LAVA Iris 504Q is one of the best budget android phones in the market. This is a great Smartphone that comes loaded with large screen size and high end hardware configuration. It has a 5inch HD IPS screen offering great resolution. The system comes loaded with 1.2 GHz Quad Core cpu with 1GB ram ideal for running all kinds of apps and game. I had tested this mobile and it is one of the best budget phones in the market. But the only problem is Lava has not provided any Firmware Update for this bets selling smartphone so far since the device launched in the market couple of months ago. Luckily we can now install IrisCanvas 4 ROM on this. This ROM also brings you many Canvas 4 features to your Iris 504Q smartphone.
Canvas 4 is another high end device which comes loaded with optimized version of Android and many additional features. You can add that on Iris 504Q and get all the features on it. Here Canvas4 comes for Rs.18,000 and the Lava Iris 504Q comes for Rs.12,000. So you can see the price different here. Now you can have all the features of a high end phone on a budget mobile. It is necessary that you follow my instruction properly before going ahead with update. For installing the rom you have to root the device and it works well.
- Backup your phone data. Backup all the settings, contacts, and photos. You can use any backup software
- Root your phone & install CWM. If you dont know how to Root Iris 504Q, check this guide.
- It is good to backup the phone rom if possible. Because that will give you choice to get your old OS back if there is a problem. You can use Nandroid or CWM for the same. Without rooting taking backup of rom is not possible.
- Download IrisCanvas4 Custom ROM and keep it on your desktop.
- Extract the files in a folder.
- Check that your phone has alteast 70% of battery left because it should not get drained during the installation process.
- You will require a memory card higher than 2GB empty space.
Step for installation:
- You must keep the file extracted on a desktop inside a folder.
- Root your mobile and install CWM. This is important.
- Then copy the Rom Package in the memory card of Lava Iris 504Q.
- Then boot your device back through CWM in recovery mode and tap on advance.
- Choose Wipe data, Wipe Cache, Wipe System and Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- When you are done with the go to install from SD card.
- Then choose the custom rom and wait for installation. You can use the navigation keys to select.
- Wait back until installation is completed. Once it done reboot your phone and enjoy the new rom.
Iris 504 users can now also install Galaxy S4 Custom Rom to their 504Q. This is Android 4.2.2 based Custom ROM but extracted originally from galaxy S4 which brings several S4 feature to your phone. Have a look at this article with step by step process and download packages: Lava Iris 504Q Galaxy S4 Custom ROM