Samsung Galaxy S5 is the latest android phablet. This device falls in the extreme series. Offering composite features in design and hardware output both. No doubt right now this one is the best phablet on earth. Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 Chipset makes it a beats for multitasking. Use as many apps you want and it will not lag. 2.5 GHz Quad-Core CPU and Adreno 330 GPU makes everything blazing fast and smooth. Within a blink of eye you can launch apps, click hd photos, share files, etc. 5.1-inch Super AMOLED screen is amazing. It gives crystal clear screen quality where everything nicely visible. It offer you a full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution.
In this guide I am going to show you to root Galaxy S5. This one is my favorite model when it comes to rooting and testing custom rom. You have to so many things to do. Octa core cpu power allow you to run roms with heavy customization. 3GB ram help to run various apps and does not freeze anything. By rooting you can enjoy amazing and unlimited benefits because then you become the real Administrator of your device’s system. You can install custom roms that comes with advance tweaks. There are many benefits when you root your device. The process will empty the internal storage. You can remove pre-installed apps. Rooting also allow you to use tweaks that improve the battery output.
So, lets move ahead to the rooting process but before that lets have a look at these important requirements and required files to download.
- There are things that you have to take care before moving ahead with the process. Remember that this process will void the device warranty. You won’t receive any future OTA updates. Here we are going to flash the factory OS due to which there no further official support applicable. So go ahead with your own risk.
- The method needs a pc with Windows installed. The process is tested and works well on S5 SM-G900F. I am quiet doubtful about all other models.
- Update your system with Galaxy S5 USB drivers. You can install Samsung Kies as well instead.
- Go in the Settings and tap on Development. Enable USB Debugging. Just for testing connect the phone with pc through usb. If there are appropriate drivers the device will be detected or you will see new hardware wizard.
- Do not attempt to go ahead if there is less than 50% battery left in the system. Below that can cause serious issue if battery gets drained out during process.
- Also backup entire important data from the phone because it may get wiped out in some cases.
- Download CF-Auto Root and Odin v3.09 flash tool. Keep these files on your desktop itself.
Galaxy S5 Rooting Process:
- Create a folder on your pc desktop and extract Odin & CF-Auto-Root zip files.
- The next step is to boot your phone in download mode. For that first switch of the device and hold Volume Down + Home + Power button. You will see a ODIN message on the screen.
- Connect the phone t your pc through original usb cable.
- Launch ODIN on your system. Wait until the device is detected. Check the ID:Com section. This will turn to yellow once the device is properly connected and identified by ODIN. We can then move ahead.
- The next thing you have to do is click on PDA button on ODIN . And choose CF-Auto-Root zip file.
- From ODIN add a tick on Auto Reboot & F.Reset. Remove all the selections other than this. Now click on Start and let the installation process begin.
- At the end there will be a PASS message. This means the process is completed successfully. The device will restart on its own and it is now rooted.
Download Rooting Package for:
- Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900P (Sprint)
- Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F (International Qualcomm)
- Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900M (Middle and South America)
- Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900T1 (Metro PCS)
- Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900R4 (US Cellular)
- Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900W8 (Canada)
- Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900T (T-Mobile US)
- Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900H (International Exynos)