How to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Smartphones
We all know Xiaomi too has now started locking the Bootloaders in their devices. As of now, Redmi Note 3, Mi 4c and Mi Note Pro are having locked bootloaders, the number may increase in future. There are few Pros and Cons of having it locked but most of the users dont find it useful because of the limitations. So, we will today find out how to unlock the bootloader on Xiaomi devices.
The unlocking process is divided into two parts. Both are actually official tools, but still Xiaomi decided to lock the bootloader, i dont know why. We will see both the processes here.
- You must have your Redmi Note (Or Mi 4C, or Mi Note Pro)
- A Windows system with Google Chrome Browser
- Mi Flash Unlock Tool
Unlocking Xiaomi Bootloader Process:
- Open Google Chrome on your PC and visit miui.com/unlock/
- It will load in Chinese language. Like this:
- Make your browser settings to translate it to English. You will see this page:
- So, click on Now Unlock.
- Now you should see a Login page asking for your Xiaomi credentials. Enter your username and password, which is used on your phone.
- On the next page, you will see an unlock form. It is actually Unlock permission page. Enter all the required details, including your phone number.
- On the next page, accept the agreement and click on Apply Immediately.
- You will receive a SMS with verification code. You will get this SMS on the same you entered in the permission form above.
- Now enter the Code and click on Next.
That’s it. Now you should wait for yet another confirmation SMS from Xiaomi that will confirm you to use the Mi Flash Unlock Tool to unlock the Phone Bootloader.
Using Mi Flash Unlock Tool:
Remember, you should come to this process only after applying the above guide. Without the same, it will just not work.
- Download and Install Mi Flash Tool on your Windows computer.
- Launch it and Click I Agree
- You will be asked to Login with your Xiaomi Account. Do the same.
- Then you will be presented to connect the phone. Connect your Xiaomi phone with locked Bootloader and follow the on-screen instructions.