Rooting Sony Xperia Acro S – Step by Step
Sony Xperia Acro S one of the best phone launched with HD 4.3 inch touch screen display, 1.5 GHz Dual Core Processor and 1GB of RAM. It has 12 Megapixel rear camera capable to record Full HD 1080p videos and having 11Gb built-in storage memory. Today we will find out how can we root Xperia Acro S successfully and in easiest way. By rooting your Android phone you actually become the Admin of your phone’s system which in result allows you to carry out Administrative tasks and do whatever you want. But remember, there is a risk involved with the same as well. First of all it will kill your device’s warranty and if anything goes wrong, you phone may get bricked as well. But on the other hand, there are many advantages of rooting such as you can install any applications and games which requires root access to work.
So, here we go. Before rooting the phone there are some requirements you need to meet in order to complete the process. Here they are:
- Make sure your phone’s battery is charged atleast 60% as it is should not get drained out during the rooting process or your phone may get bricked.
- Backup all your important data, contacts, logs, messages, etc from the phone. Although this rooting process will not delete anything, but in case.
- Download USB Drivers for your Xperia Acro S from here and install them on your windows computer.
- Go to your Phone’s settings and enable USB debugging. You can do it from Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging > Enable.
- Enable Unknow Sources installation from settings as well.
- Now Download Flashtool and save on your desktop.
- Now download these kernels for both firmware version: 6.2.B.1.96 OR 6.2.B.0.211
- At last Download Rooting Package from here and save it on your desktop as well.
Once you downloaded all these stuffs, lets move ahead to the rooting process. Follow the steps carefully, it is bit long.
Sony Xperia Acro S Rooting process:
- We need to start the rooting process by installing the Downloaded Flashtool in your computer.
- Once installed, copy the downloaded ‘6.2.B.0.211_KernelOnly.ftf’ file to your computer’s C:\Flashtool\firmwares folder.
- Now double click the Flashtool icon to launch it.
- Click on flash icon in the application. This will bring up 2 options saying ‘Flash Mode’ and ‘Fastboot Mode’.
- Click on Flash Mode and select 6.2.B.0.211_KernelOnly.ftf.
- Check mark ‘No Final Verification’ option.
- Now connect your Xperia Acro S with the computer using USB cable
- Click OK to start flashing and follow on screen instructions.
- Your Xperia Acro S should reboot automatically.
- You can unplug the USB cable for a minute and close Flashtool on your PC.
- Once the phone is booted completely, connect it again with USB.
- Now extract the downloaded Rooting Package in a new folder on your desktop and double click “runme_win.bat” file to launch.
- This will open command prompt. Press any key on your keyboard to start the rooting process. Follow the onscreen instructions (if any) provided in the CMD window.
- After it is completed, you will Xperia Acro S will be rooted successfully.
- We are still not finished. Now you need to flash the original kernel (6.2.B.1.96) on your phone.
- So connect the phone again using USB cable to computer.
- Vopy the downloaded ‘6.2.B.1.96_KernelOnly.ftf’ file to C:\Flashtool\firmwares on your computer.
- Now again launch Flashtool > click Flash icon > click Flash Mode > select ‘6.2.B.1.96_KernelOnly.ftf’
- Check mark ‘No Final Verification’ and click OK.
- Once completed, the phone should reboot again.
That’s it. Now your Sony Xperia Acro S is completely and successfully Rooted. Enjoy the Administrative access.