Gionee Elife E3 provides you a stable platform for playing games and multimedia files. This device comes with powerful hardware configuration at a good price. .2 GHz quad-core processor and 1 GB of RAM is more than enough to run different applications. It is good for multitasking also. Right now this device comes loaded with Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS. This is the latest android OS version. But you can still make better use of this phone by rooting it and installing a custom recovery.
This will help you to do more with the phone. Being a phablet you can test various different rom on the same. You can use different for effective backup and restore. In this guide I am going to show you the process of rooting and then installing custom recovery. Through rooting you will get super user access to the device rom and through custom recovery you can install various different rom and manage your device.
- Remember that this process will void the phone warranty. We are going to root which will cause warranty loose. So go ahead with your own risk. After following my guide your device will also not receive any further official updates.
- We are following a unofficial method here. You have to move ahead on your risk. Improper method or procedure can brick device. The method is tested for Gionee Elife E3. I cannot guarantee that this will work on any other model or not.
- Backup your phone completely and charge it before beginning. The process will wipe out the entire storage. So backup everything.
- Install the latest Gionee Elife E3 USB Drivers on your pc. And enable usb debugging through Settings.
- Download MotoChopper Rooting Package. This will be used for the rooting purpose.
- Download Mobileuncle Tool App and CWM Recovery Img. This files will be further used for installing custom recovery in the phone.
Step 1: Rooting Gionee Elife E3:
- Just check once that your phone is charged. Go in settings and also verify that USB Debugging is enabled. You can find that under Development section.
- Connect the device to pc and see that it is detected. If there are proper drivers you can see it in the Device Manager. Verify this before moving ahead.
- Extract the content of motochopper.zip. Keep all the files in a folder on the desktop.
- From the exacted file search for run.bat. Double click on that. You must be logged in the admin account. The rooting process will begin once you double click on run.bat.
- Just keep a eye on the onscreen instructions. At the end you will get a prompt. Tap on Ok. This will be about allowing usb debugging connection. Once done the device is now rooted. We will move ahead with custom recovery process.
Step 2: Installing Custom Recovery on Gionee Elife E3:
- Install Mobileuncle in your pc. Move CWM Recovery in the memory card.
- Now connect the phone to the pc. USB Debugging must be on. You have to now start Mobileuncle.
- In that click on Recovery. You will see the img file on the screen which is in the memory card. I am talking about CWM here.
- Select the recovery file to begin the process. The process will take a few minutes. At the end you will see flash success. That’s it he device is now rooted and you have a custom recovery. Reboot your device back to normal mode.