Installing Android 4.4.2 Kitkat in Oppo Find 7a
Oppo Find 7a is a Android 4.3 android Smartphone that comes loaded with optimized ColorOS. This operating system is bit tweaked to give better graphical output. It is built on Android 4.3. The device is powered by 2.3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 Quad Core (MSM8974AB) processor and 3 GB ram. It also has a Adreno 330 graphic processor. Oppo Find 7a gives you a 5.5-inch – IPS display where you get a 1080p Full HD resolution at 403 PPI. It has a amazing screen quality. For storage it comes with 16 GB internal and you can simply expand the same up to 128GB via microSD card. The phone has a 13-megapixel primary camera which is supported Sony Exmor IMX214 BSI sensor and a 5-megapixel front-facing. Oppo Find 7a runs on 2800 mAh Li-Po battery with Rapid Charge.
This device is a value for money product which comes loaded with many features. Like the rapid charge which charge up the battery really fast. The phone OS comes with many custom features which help you to do a lot more with the phone. But officially it has not released the latest Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update. Today I will show you how you can add that. This one is a custom rom which is bit different and has more features. Just remember that the process below indicate flashing of the rom that will lose the phone warranty also. So move ahead on your risk.
- Backup your phone data. The process needs flashing the rom. This will delete everything. So better copy your contacts and other important data in your pc. You can use various third party backup apps for that.
- Charge your phone completely. I will not recommend you to move ahead if the device has less battery. This can cause serious issue.
- Enable usb debugging. For that go in Settings > Applications > Development. Turn it on.
- To install the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware you have to root your device. Rooting cause warranty loss and you might also not get any future OTA updates. If you had rooted then just verify the same through Root Checker app. And if not, then simply follow the Rooting Process provided here. You have to install custom recovery to flash the rom. It is recommended to install TWRP recovery.
- Arrange an SD card with more than 2GB of empty space.
- Make sure you have already installed Find 7a USB Drivers on your Windows PC.
- Download the Kitkat 4.4.2 Firmware package
- Download the Google Apps Package
- Connect the phone to the pc through original usb cable. Then copy the Download the Kitkat 4.4.2 Firmware package and Google Apps Package in the sd card of Oppo Find 7a. Do not copy it in the internal storage. Move it in the memory card.
- Now boot your phone in recovery mode. For that you have to first turn off the phone. Then hold the volume down + power button at the same time. It is good to use TWRP Recovery here. You can do that at the time of rooting.
- From the recovery mode first choose clear data. Then choose Wipe cache.
- Now go back on the main menu and choose install zip from sd card.
- Choose the Kitkat 4.4.2 Firmware package first. The installation will being. It will take some time so leave the phone aside.
- Then choose Google Apps Package when the first setup is over.
- That’s it. Reboot your phone and enjoy the new rom.