Xolo Q700 is a budget smartphone available at the price of Rs 9,250/- with pretty good specifications including 4.5 inch IPS touch screen display, 1.2 GHz quad-core MediaTek 6589W-M CPU, 1Gb of RAM and 238 MHz PowerVR SGX544 GPU that offers better gaming performance as well as better multitasking. It is running on Android 4.2 Jellybean operating system and comes with 4GB internet storage memory that can be expanded upto 32Gb using MicroSD card. Though the phone is very good out of the box, Xolo rolled out a new firmware update bringing some new features and well as several improvements in the performance. It is recommended to always have your phone updated to the latest version of firmware available for your device. If you are having Xolo Q700, here are the few simple steps using which you can update the firmware to your phone. Have a look.
Manual Installation of Firmware in Xolo Q700:
- Charge your phone’s battery to upto 70% before starting the installation process.
- Download the Firmware package from here, save it on your computer and rename the package to update.zip
- Connect the phone via USB Cable and copy update.zip to your phone’s Memory card’s root folder.
- Now disconnect USB cable and launch Xolo Care from the phone’s App Drawer
- In tab ‘UPDATE’ tap on ‘Check for software update’
- Tap ‘Check for updates’, press continue
- Now leave the phone idle, you dont have to do anything. Let the phone install the firmware for you automatically.
Once done, phone will restart on its own. You can now check the phone’s performance and new stuffs provided.