MIUI 7 is the latest update from Xiaomi which is also said to be the fastest in performance so far. Xiaomi announced it in August this year and the Beta MIUI 7 went for download later that month. Today as promised, Xiaomi rolled out the MIUI 7 Global Stable Build over OTA and also made it available for download to update the phones manually.
Now, there could be questions why to flash manually if the update is available via OTA, which is also the safest method? Well, there could be 2 reasons. First, since Xiaomi rolled out MIUI 7 update today itself, it could take few days or weeks to reach your phone or your region. Secondly, if you are already running any Developer ROM or Chinese stable version, you will not get this update via OTA.
Also, the PC Suite is official and the manually updating process via PC Suite is official process. It neither breaks your warranty nor it makes any damage if done properly as mentioned. So, if you agree, here we go.
- Download Xiaomi PC Suite and install it on your computer.
- Download MIUI 7 Global Stable Build for your Phone Model.
- Backup your entire phone contents for safer side
- Charge up the phone to atleast 60%. It should not get drained during the process.
Installing MIUI 7 Global Build via Fastboot:
- Launch Xiaomi PC Suite.
- Turn of your Xiaomi smartphone.
- Boot it into Fastboot. To do so press and hold Power key + Volume Down for about 10 to 15 seconds.
- Once in Fastboot mode, connect the phone with PC Suite using USB Cable.
- Once the PC Suite identifies the phone, click on “Update” option.
- It will check Xiaomi servers for new Update available. You must see something like this:
- Now click on the ‘Update Now’ and sit back, have a cup of coffee and let the software download update comfortably.
- Once downloaded, the software will install MIUI 7 and let you know.
Now you can disconnect the cable and enjoy all new MIUI 7 ROM with a whole new set of amazing features.