Install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Firmware in Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100
As you all know Samsung galaxy note 2 is not going to get the upgrade of android 4.2.2. Instead it would be receiving an android 4.3 JB update directly. Unfortunately Samsung is struggling with stabilization of the firmware. So instead of waiting for the update you can get the update of the 4.3 version following the steps below. Make sure that you follow all the steps properly as you must know that custom ROM can damage your device if installed improperly. Do this at its own risk.
- Such process are somewhat risky an it is better to create a backup of all your data on your Galaxy Note 2 N7100.
- As recommended always the battery should be fully charged. Atleast 50% is needed.
- Download and Install the USB drivers for your Galaxy Note 2 on your pc. You can download the USB Drivers for Note 2 from here.
- Download the Unofficial Android 4.3 CM10.2 Firmware and Save it on your desktop
- Download Google Apps to your computer.
- Copy of these downloaded files to your phone’s Memory Card. Remember not to extract any zip file
- Go to Settings options then click Applications option.
- Select Development then select USB debugging mode to enable it.
- Install a ClockworkMod recovery on the Galaxy Note 2.
- Switch off the device after removing it from the pc.
- Reboot into recovery mode by pressing and holding the volume up, power and home keys together unless Samsung logo appears.
- Form a Nandroid backup of your current ROM within the recovery mode,
- choose “backup and restore > backup.” You can restore the saved ROM anytime by choosing “restore” in the recovery mode.
- Select “wipe data/factory reset” and “wipe cache partition.”
- On the main menu select “advance > wipe Dalvik cache.
- select “install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card after wiping entire data.
- Choose the CM10.2 firmware you have copied and make sure the installation is complete.
- Do the same with the Google Apps package.
- After the installation is done, go to the main menu then select “reboot system now.”
- Rebootingtakes some 5 minutes and then the home screen will appear.
Follow all the steps carefully. Your galaxy note 2 is finally updated with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean with CM10.2. If you face any problem with the installation, let us know by replying to this tutorial.