HTC One M7 is a high end Smartphone. It comes with powerful hardware configuration and capable of giving you good multimedia and gaming output. The device also features a durable design. The best part of this phone is its dual boom sound speakers. Where you can get amazing audio quality compare to any other mobile phone in the market. In this guide I will show you how you can install CWM on the phone. CWM is a custom recovery mod through which you can unblock the boot loader and also install custom rom on the device. We will first start with unlocking the boot loader and then moving ahead with rooting.
- You need a HTC One M7 phone with unlocked boot loader. If your device has an unlocked boot loader then you can skip the first part of this guide and move on the second one.
- Original HTC One M7 usb cable.
- More than 75% of battery must be left in your device.
- Download HTC One USB Drivers and keep it safe on the desktop.
- Go in settings and tap on developer options. Enable usb debugging from there.
- Backup your data before moving ahead. The rooting process includes flashing of the existing OS. It will wipe out everything.
- Download Superuser-3.1.3. Copy it in root folder of your device memory
- Download ClockworkMod Touch v6
- Install Adb & Fastboot on your system.
Unblocking the Bootloader of HTC One M7:
- Go to htcdev.com and choose the mobile model from right pane. In our case HTC One M7. Then click on Begin Unblock Boot loader.
- Turn off the phone and then hold Power + Volume down key to enter boot loader.
- Using volume key choose Fast Boot.
- Connect the phone to the pc via usb.
- Extract Mini-SDK in your CD drive.
- Launch CMD and navigate to the folder through cd c:\sdk-tools.
- Type fastboot oem get_identifier_token and hit enter.
- Right click on the cmd window and choose Mart. Select part below identifier token start.
- Paste the token on htcdev.com website. Click on submit.
- In your email you will get a bin file. Download that and copy the file in C:\sdk-tools.
- Then type the following command in cmd fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin file and hit enter.
- That’s all the boot loader is unlocked. Now we will move ahead with rooting process.
Rooting Process for HTC One M7:
- Once the boot loader is unlocked we can move ahead with rooting. The process will not work if the boot loader is locked.
- Extract the recovery.img and fastboot zip file in a folder. Keep all files at same place.
- Hold shift and press the right click in the folder. Choose open command window from here.
- Switch off the phone. Press the volume down key + power to boot in boot loader. Then choose fastboot and connect the phone to the pc through usb cable. Before that insert the SD card in phone which has Super SU app.
- Type flastboot flash recovery recovery.img and hit enter.
- The flashing process will start and will take some time.
- Now choose Recovery from the boot loader menu.
- From the screen choose install zip from sd card and choose Super SU. Run the file and done.
- Reboot the device. The phone is now rooted.