Micromax tablets have been great successful budget tablets in the market with better durability and performance. But the only problem is none of those tablets have ever received Firmware updates so far. We need to use the same firmware with same looks and UI until the tablet life remains. So, now if you are bored with the same appearance and user interface of your Micromax Funbook Pro and need to change it, here is one of the best Custom ROMs i have been through for Funbook Pro tablets. As its name suggest “Andr + iOS “, the ROM is the mixture of Android and iOS looks and features. If you want to install the same, you can do it less than 10 minutes. before actually going for the same there are few requirements which you need to fulfill. Here they are:
- Make sure your Tab’s battery is charged atleast 70%. Device should not turn off during the process or it may get bricked.
- Make sure you have installed ClockWorkMod Recovery (CWM) on the Tab. If you dont know how to do the same, check this step by step tutorial of Installing ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery on Funbook
- You will need to download the ROM on your desktop. Get it from here: AndriOS ROM
- Download and save Multi DPI Play Store for ICS on your desktop.
Once you ready with above stuffs, follow this step by step process for installing AndriOS Custom ROM on Funbook Pro:
- Copy above downloaded two files on Funbook Pro’s MicroSD Card. Make sure to copy them in the root folder so that they can be access easily.
- Shut down the Tab and boot into recovery press and Hold “Option + Home + Power button” for about 10 seconds.
- Once in recovery mode under CWM, select option ‘Wipe data/ Factory reset’ scrolling with Volume keys and confirm with Home Key
- Now select and OK ‘Wipe Cache partition’ option
- Now scroll down to the end and select ‘Advance Menu’, and select ‘Wipe dalvik cache’
- Now go back to main Recovery screen and select “Install From SD Card”
- Browse to the Memory Card root folder and select “AndriOSROM”. OK to install.
- Browse again and select “Multi-DPI-Store for ICS” and install.
- Once done, select ‘Reboot System’ option from the main recovery screen and confirm OK.
While rebooting the device it may take some long time to configure the new ROM. So dont panic and let it complete. Once its started, do your settings and enjoy the brand new Funbook Pro Tablet.