The bitter truth that Micromax has never provided any official Firmware update for any of its Funbook tablets makes us use the same old stock rom until the tablet remains with us. If you are finally fed up and want to change the UI using any Custom ROM, here i suggest you one called “LightningROM”. This is an Android 4.1 Jellybean based Custom ROM that offers several new and important features such as BeatsAudio, Bravia Engine, Dolby Beats Audio, ClearBass Audio Effect, Adrenaline Boost, and many more. The list goes on. If you want to install the LightningROMon your Funbook Pro, here is the step by step process.
Before you start the installation, process, there are some stuffs you should be ready such as:
- Atleast 70% of battery charged on your tab.
- A USB cable for transferring files on your Tab’s MicroSD Card.
- Download and save ‘LightningROM‘ on your desktop
- Download and save ‘gapps-jb‘ on your desktop
- Download and save ‘Multi DPI Play Store for JB‘ on your desktop
- Make sure you have installed CWM Recovery installed on Funbook Pro.
Once you ready with all above stuffs, follow these steps to install Android Jellybean based LightningROM on Micromax Funbook Pro:
- Copy/transfer all above downloaded files to your Funbook’s Memory card. Copy it to the root of memory so that they can be accessed easily during the process
- Restart the tablet in Recovery Mode
- From the main recovery screen, scroll using the Volume keys and select “Wipe data/ Factory reset”.
- Confirm it by press Home key.
- Now scroll and select “Wipe Cache partition”
- Once done, go to the end and select “Advance Menu”
- Now select ‘Wipe dalvik cache’. Confirm with Home Key.
- Now go back to the main Recovery screen and select “Install zip from sd card”
- Browse and select “LightningROM” from your MicroSD’s root folder.
- Press Home key to install the same.
- Once installation is done, repeat the browse and select rest of the two files (gapps-jb and Multi-DPI-Store for JB) one by one and install.
- After completing all installation, select “Reboot system” to restart the tablt.
Thats it. Your tablet is now running with the new Android 4.1 based Custom ROM.