Alcatel Idol 4 is a new phone from the company that comes with VR headset in the box allowing you to experience and immersive 360-degree viewing and gaming. Coming out of the box with Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS, it supports Dual SIM connectivity with Hybrid slot. There is also a hardware button dubbed as ‘Boom Key’ on the right side of the device that offers a huge range of functions with a single press. Using this key you can easily control several functions in camera, gallery, videos, music, games and more.
The new Idol 4 sports a 5.2 inch Full HD IPS LTPS display with Precog UI (Touchless control), Live UI and Parallax UI offering 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution. Alcatel has powered the phone with Octa-Core Snapdragon 617 (4 x 1.7GHz + 4 x 1.2GHz) processor accompanied by Adreno 405 GPU and 3GB of RAM from which you can expect pretty good performance and multitasking. As per storage, the phone has 16GB on board storage with support of up to 512GB microSD card.
Coming to photography section, Alcatel Idol 4 has a 13 Megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF and EIS. While on the front facing we get an 8 Megapixel shooter with LED flash of its own, 1.12um pixel size and 84-degree wide-angle lens allowing you to capture stunning, brighter and sharper selfies. The phone also seems good for music fans because of its Waves MaxxAudio technology and dual-speakers offering total audio output of 7.2 watts. Users also get a JBL stereo headset free within the box.
As per connectivity, the phone supports all major connectivity options including 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 GHz & 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS with A-GPS, NFC and USB OTG. Alcatel has backed up the phone with 2610mAh battery with Quick Charge 2.0 support.
Alcatel Idol 4 Specifications:
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS
- Hybrid dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD) support
- 5.2 inch Full HD IPS LTPS display, Precog UI (Touchless control), Live UI and Parallax UI
- 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 617 (4 x 1.7GHz + 4 x 1.2GHz) processor
- Adreno 405 GPU
- 3GB of RAM
- 16GB internal storage memory, Expandable up to 512GB using microSD card
- 13 Megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF and EIS
- 8 Megapixel front-facing camera with LED flash, 1.12um pixel size and 84-degree wide-angle lens
- Dual stereo speakers (2 x 3.6W), Smart PA (Power Amplifier) TFA9890, BOOM Key Experience Booster and FM Radio
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 GHz & 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS with A-GPS, NFC and USB OTG
- 2610mAh battery with Quick Charge 2.0 support
To provide best security to the device and data stored on the phone, you must download latest PC Suite software for your Alcatel Idol 4 along with its USB Drivers. Both these can be downloaded from this page in a single click, for free. PC Suite is free application for your computer that lets you synchronize your contacts, calendar, photos and video clips between your phone, PC and clouds. You can even sync all these data with MS Outlook as well in one click using PC Suite. It also keeps your Alcatel phone and all its installed apps updated to latest version for best performance.
Using PC suite you can also share mobile data from phone to PCs instantly, sync multimedia files between phone and computer, Backup and Restore the entire phone anytime without loosing even a single file. There’s lots more to do. USB Driver on other hand is must too because it is the first thing you will need to connect your phone with any Windows running computer. You will also require the same while rooting or installing any Custom ROM on your Idol 4 smartphone.