How to Root Xiaomi Mi2S
Xiaomi Mi-2S is one of the most popular phone in the market. This phone is design by Xiaomi Tech Company. It has two version where you get difference in the storage space. One comes with 16GB and the other one with 32GB. The phone is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor. Where you get a powerful 1.7Ghz Quad Core CPU. Camera also differ in two models. One has a 8MP camera other one has 13MP. No doubt Xiaomi Mi-2S is a very powerful device that comes with high end hardware. It has a 4.3inch IPS LCD display on the front side that is capable of giving you a maximum resolution of 1280×720. This is a HD resolution great to watch movies and play games. For managing the graphic it has as dedicated gpu. Which is Adreno 320. It run in Android 4.1.2 Jellybean operating system.
In this guide I will show you how you can simply root the phone. Rooting brings many benefits. First all you get access to modify the phone rom. Through which you can get rid of apps that you don’t want. You can wipe out stock apps that ultimately increase the battery output also. Internal storage is also limited. You can extend that also. But remember that rooting will lose the phone warranty. You won’t get any future OTA updates also. So do that on your own risk.
- Backup your entire phone data. Copy all the files and keep them somewhere. There are chances that the phone might not start or you have to run factory restore after this process. You must not lose data.
- Charge your mobile phone to maximum. Do not go ahead with rooting if the device is not fully charged.
- Download FramaRoot APK.
- The process cannot be restored. That means once you had rooted you cannot revert back the old state. So move ahead on your own risk.
- After rooting you can back up the internal rom through various third party software.
- Download and install Xiaomi Mi-2S USB Drivers on your PC
- Go in Settings > Developer Options and enable USB Debugging from that.
- You will need a memory card also for this. Just check that it has some space left. Atleast 50MB.
- Connect Xiaomi Mi-2S to your phone through original usb cable.
- Copy the framaroot app in the sd card of the phone.
- Once done you have to run the app.
- From the app choose Super SU. This app also comes separately on Google Play. It is a access management tool that can help you to root the phone and manage the service.
- Now choose Gandalf exploit from that.
- You have to follow the screen instructions. Apply ok on anything added.
- Wait back until the entire process is completed.
- Once done you will get a message that the device is successfully rooted.