Oppo Find 7 is a new mobile pone in the market that comes with its own custom android operating system. This device is impressive in terms of look an features. It gives you many high end features which makes it a direct competition of other models in the market. Today I will show you how can root and install custom recovery on this device. This is not a official method but you can gain a few benefit after doing this.
You can install various custom rom, you can clean the internal storage by wiping out bloatware and boot the battery output also. The phone features a 5.5-inch IPS display that gives you a amazing 1440 x 2560 screen resolution. Watching movies and playing game is fun on this phone. The device is quiet fine and give you great hardware configuration. With that it is also a bit durable. The device screen is covered with Corning Gorilla Glass 3. So you have to less worry about screen damages.
The phone is powered by 2.5 GHz Quad-core krait 400 CPU. This cpu is placed on Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 chipset which his latest and provide you a 3GB ram support with Adreno 330 GPU. The chipset itself is designed for performance. It comes in 32GB and 12GB storage variation. So let’s move ahead with rooting.
- Remember that this is a unofficial way of rooting device. It will void the phone warranty and you won’t receive any future updates. You have to move ahead on your own risk. Ensure that you follow all steps properly.
- This process can help you to get better battery file. You can get a optimized app output and you can simply remove bloat ware apps that will boost the battery performance.
- Custom rom have various Tweaks & Mods that help you to enhance your device output.
- Backup your entire phone data before rooting.
- The process and files provided below are only for Oppo Find 7.
- Update your system with the latest Oppo usb driver. You can get that on the official website.
- Go in Settings > Developer Options and enable usb debugging.
- Charger your phone to maximum before installation.
- Download the following files and save them on your desktop. They are AndroidSDKSlim, Custom Recovery Image and SuperSU file.
- Extract the content of AndroidSDKSlim on your computer desktop.
- The next thing you have to do is simply get the right Custom Recovery image file for this device. They are X9007_TWRP_recovery.img or X9007_CWM_recovery.img.
- Once you find the proper recovery file you have to copy the content of this file in AndroidSDKSlim folder. Go in that and look for android-sdk-windows folder and then open platform-tools. Extract the content of recovery file in that.
- We will not boot the device in fast boot mode. For that you have to first turn off the phone. Then hold volume up + power at the same time.
- The device will restart in fastboot mode. Connect the phone with pc through usb cable.
- Mow go in platform-tools folder and hold shift + right click at the same time inside the folder. Launch cmd in it.
- Type fastboot devices and hit enter. Then type fastboot flash recovery X9007_TWRP_recovery.img if you want to install TWRP Recovery and fastboot flash recovery X9007_CWM_recovery.img if you want to install CWM Recovery and hit enter. Type anyone of them.
- Once done you will see a success message once the process is over. That’s it the device now has a custom recovery installed. We will now root the phone.
- For rooting you have to copy SuperSU-v1.94.zip in the memory card of your phone.
- Switch off your device first and restart it by holding volume down + power.
- The phone will boot in custom recovery mode. You have to choose install zip from sd card and choose that copied file.
- Follow the screen instructions and done. The phone is rooted. Restart it.