LG Optimus L9 P768 has not received any Kitkat Update. But still it is possible to install the same on LG Optimus L9 P768. The phone hardware is capable of running the same. And also you get ample of additional features over your existing android operating system. It comes with 1 GHz Dual Core CPU and 1GB RAM. And runs on Android v4.0 (ICS). It has also not received Jellybean update. You can skip that and directly install Android 4.4.2 Kitkat. You have the latest Os and many benefits come with it. Kitkat is more optimized compare to older jelly bean operating system.
We are going to install this new OS on LG Optimus L9 P768 through Kitkat 4.4.2 Android firmware package. This is a new rom that will offer you extra benefits. It is an Odexed rom due to which it gives you faster output. You can get OTA updates on the same. The rom already comes with Multi window feature. It has an integrated Task switching sidebar from where you can instantly switch from task to another. you can adjust the sms font size also. The process is risky if the rom is not installed properly. Your phone might fail to boot. So properly follow the below steps before installation.
But before that lets have a look at the requirements without which you cannot complete this process successfully. You must have all these following stuffs:
- Backup your phone data. We are going to flash a new rom on LG Optimus L9 P768. You will lose entire data. You can backup that first before moving ahead.
- Charge your phone to maximum. It is essential that your device should not turn off in between.
- Go in Settings > Applications > Development and enable USB debugging.
- You will need a windows pc. Install the latest LG USB drivers on the same.
- Install Root checker app in LG Optimus L9 P768 and see that the phone is rooted or not. If not then root it first. Without rooting this process will fail.
- Download the Kitkat 4.4.2 Android firmware package
- Download the Google Apps Package.
- You will need a SD Card with more than 500MB of free space.
- Connect your phone to your pc through original usb cable.
- Ensure that you are having enough charging and there is free space inside the memory card to move the firmware file.
- Copy Kitkat 4.4.2 downloaded Android firmware package & Google Apps Package in the sd card.
- Then turn off your phone. We have to boot it in recovery mode. For that you have to hold the volume + home + power button. The phone will automatically start in recovery mode.
- Through volume key you can navigate up and down. Choose Clear Cache/ Wipe Data. Use the power button to select.
- Then from the main menu choose install zip from sd card.
- Select the firmware package file first. This start the rom installation. Wait back until it is over.
- The next thing you have to do is select the Google Apps package in the same way.
- That’s it. Restart your phone and done. You have new Kitkat on LG Optimus L9 P768