LG G2 is an high end android Smartphone that comes with 4.2.2 Jellybean operating system. This device is powered by 2.26GHz Quad core Snapdragon 800 processor and has 2GB LPDDR3 800MHz ram. The phone is well optimized and is ideal for performance usage. This time LG really pushed ahead to bring out a amazing phone in the market. Here the device also give you some great camera features. Like it has 13MP rear camera with Optical Image Stabilizer and further supported by 8x Digital zoom. This camera has Sapphire Crystal Glass Lens. The phone runs on a factory Jellybean OS which is quiet impressive. But as we all see that recently released Samsung Galaxy S5 has a much better UI and more benefits.
The Touchwize UI brings out many additional things that make your phone perform more better. So in this guide I am going to show you how you can root LG G2 and install Samsung Galaxy S5 Kitkat firmware on the same. We are going to use the latest version of Cyanogen mod so that the phone works really well. You have the entire Samsung Galaxy S5 look on your phone. The firmware works well and does not lag. Its output is quiet nice. But remember that process require rooting and you have to replace the existing boot loader with Cyanogen mod recovery. Or else it will not work. This will also void the phone warranty.
- Just backup your entire phone data. Do not attempt to move ahead if you had not copied the files in your pc. Because we are flashing the entire firmware which will wipe out everything.
- Charge your phone to maximum. Do not flash the firmware if the phone battery is low. It can cause brick device.
- Enable USB Debugging. You can do that from settings > applications > development. Just turn on the same.
- This process needs rooting. So you must be ready to lose the phone warranty. This will also block future OTA updates.
- Install Cyanogens mod recovery on LG G2
- Download Samsung Galaxy S5 Firmware
- Download Google Apps Package
- You will need memory card with more than 2GB of free space.
- Connect LG G2 to your pc through original usb cable.
- Copy Samsung Galaxy S5 Firmware and Google Apps Package in the memory card of your device.
- Now boot your phone in recovery mode. That is in cyanogens mode recovery.
- Turn off your phone and then hold the power + volume down key.
- The phone will start in recovery mode. From there use the volume key to navigate and choose Clear Data. Then choose Wipe Cache.
- Once done select install zip from sd card from the main recovery screen. Navigate to the firmware file and install it.
- Wait back until it is installed. Then the second thing you have to do is run Google Apps Package zip.
- Lets the installation end and then reboot your phone.
That’s it. You have to the latest Samsung Galaxy S5 Firmware installed in your device. Enjoy !