Samsung Galaxy S2 is high end android Smartphone that comes with 1.2Ghz Core A9 Dual Core processors and 1GB RAM. It comes loaded with Android Gingerbread operating system and support upto Android 4.1 Jellybean. But now with the help of custom rom you can install Android 4.3 Jellybean OS on it and get a more optimized and great performance. In this guide I am going to show you how you can have Jellybean 4.3 update on Galaxy S2. Officially Samsung has not offered any update. The last was Jellybean 4.1. The new update is better and optimized offering you great battery life and stable performance. You can also enjoy many new applications on the same. The setup is done through installing Carbon ROM on the phone. This is an unofficial installation. That means to use this you have to root your phone. Or else it is not going to work. Rooting will add super user access and you can then modify the internal rom.
This custom Jellybean 4.3 ROM is not like the same Stock ROM. It is advance and comes loaded with many things. It is a fast rom that has ample of great features and amazing output. After setup you will get lots of thing extra. There will be extra apps and customization feature. You can install many things which boost the device output. As per the hardware configuration S2 is capable of running the latest Android Jellybean operating system. Carbon is famous of optimized interface. It has amazing customization feature that works really fine and does not slow down the phone. You can customize the lock screen and slider in the same. The navbar is also customizable. So let’s move ahead with the setup.
- Backup your contacts, phone data and all required settings.
- Root your Device by installing CWM Reveovery.
- Backup the phone rom through Nandroid or through powerful backup tool like Titanium Backup Pro. This will help you to restore the original stock rom back if you don’t like the existing one.
- Download and install Samsung USB drivers in our pc. If you have Samsung Kies installed then you can skip this step.
- The battery must be more than 60%. Charge your phone and then go ahead with setup.
- Go to Settings > About > Developer Options and enable USB Debugging.
- SD card with more than 600GB of left space.
- Download Linaro Carbon Rom
- Download Google Apps Package.
Process to install Jellybean 4.3 on Samsung Galaxy S2:
- Connect the device with pc using original Samsung USB Cable
- Copy the Carbon Rom, CWM Recovery and Google Apps Package in the memory card.
- Now turn off the phone.
- Hold Power + Volume UP + Home button for some time. This will boot the phone in recovery mode.
- Choose CWM Recovery and one by one select the following. Wipe Data, Wipe Cache Partition and Factory Settings.
- Go in Advance and then select Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Now return back on the main screen and choose Install from SD Card.
- Choose the Carbon Rom first.
- The ROM will take some time to complete the installation. Wait back.
- Then install GAPP.
- Once done restart your phone. The rom is installed.