How to Run Steam as an Administrator
No doubt! Steam is the first choice of Gamers when it comes to PC gaming platforms. It is so far the best Windows gaming platform. Also, running any program as an administrator has its own merits, it enables the user to have full access and permissions to edit and modify the files and restricted folders.
So, if you want to run Steam as an administrator, you are at the right place. In this article, we will provide you the step-by-step guide for running Steam as an administration.
Here’s How You Can Run Steam As An Administrator
Step 1. Select – Run as Administrator from the Context Menu
First thing you need to do is to select to run the Steam as an administrator from the context menu. You can do this by right-clicking the Steam icon on your desktop and then select the option Run as administrator.
Step 2. Select – Run this Program as an Administrator Setting
- To do this, press Windows Key + E hotkey in order to open File Explorer.
- Then open the Steam folder in File Explorer installed at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam by default.
- Now, right -click on the Steam.exe and select the Properties.
- Select the Compatibility tab.
- Select the Run this program as an administrator setting on Compatibility tab.
- Click on Apply and OK.
You can also configure the Steam to run automatically as an administrator. Then, You will not need to do this every time you run the steam.
Step 3. Select – Run as Administrator Shortcut
You can also select Steam shortcuts to Run as Administrator.
- To do this, right-click the Steam shortcut icon on your desktop and select Properties.
- Now, configure Steam Start menu shortcut by right-clicking Steam on the Start menu and select More to open file location. Then right-click the Steam shortcut in the Programs folder that open and select Properties.
- Press the Advanced button on the Shortcut tab to open another window.
- Then select the Run as administrator setting.
- Click on OK on the Advanced Properties window.
- Then Click Apply and OK.
Step 4. Fully Extend the Admin Rights to All the Steam’s Folders
By following the above mentioned settings, you can only grant admin rights to the Steam exe. So, in order to extend the administrator rights and permissions to all the steam’s folders, you need to perform the following steps:
- Right-click on Steam’s folder and select Properties.
- Select the Security tab.
- Press advanced button to open another window.
- Select Users on the window and click on Edit in order to open Permission Entry for Steam window.
Before you can edit the user permissions, you may need to Disable Inheritance options and Change permissions. After that, you will need to select the Convert inherited permissions option, select Users, and click Edit option. Then, simply select the Basic Permissions Check boxes on the Permission Entry window and Click on OK. Save changes and Click on Apply. Exit the Advanced Security Settings.