Upgrade Honor 10 with LineageOS 15.1 Custom ROM – Step By Step Guide
Honor 10 is the phone which is in demand because of its beautiful design and features. The phone is preferred by young users because of its appearance. Talking about the operating system, phone runs on Android 8.1 Oreo bases Huawei’s own EMUI 8.0. But it has come to our knowledge that many users are facing trouble in understanding the Huawei’s latest User Interface EMUI 8.0. While some don’t find it as good as other ROMs available in the market in terms of UI and features. The bottom line is, it is not up to the potential.
However, we are here to help you make aware of the best possible alternatives available in the market. The alternative is Lineage OS 15.1. It is based on Android 8.1 stock firmware. Basically, it is going to be custom ROM and the main focus is going to be on two main products which are customization and performance.
Before jumping on the installation process there are some things you should have to take care of. Installation of this interface demands some prerequisite which is necessary for a successful installation.
- Since this is a Custom ROM, you decide yourself whether to go with this ROM and tutorial, or not. You solely will be responsible for any damage done to the device.
- Back up your data. People often take this part lightly but installing custom ROM can wipe off all your data so it is must to be careful. Before the installation process make sure to back up all your important files and stuff because it is next to impossible to get the stuff which had been cleaned.
- The device in which you are installing Custom ROM must be sufficiently charged
- Custom recovery is mandatory for taking out the process. We should prefer you to go with TWRP recovery.
- If you are thinking of trying this OS on any other device then drop that ides instantly. It will only work on Honor 10.
- Users might face some minor bugs on Custom ROM
This is all you need to make sure before the installation process. Let’s jump on the installation process. We distributed in steps for better understanding. Make sure you have TWRP Recovery installed on your phone.
- First thing first is to turn off your device.
- Go to recovery mode by pressing and holding power and Volume up key.
- Within a second you will find yourself in recovery mode.
- There you will notice Wipe option, make the best use of it.
- After doing that exit the recovery mode and restart the device and download the Lineage OS 15.1 package. As soon as the download is completed save it into the phone memory. Be aware of the name and location of the file.
- Turn off the device and again jump into the recovery mode
- There you will see an option to install the Custom ROM
- After the completion of process exit the recovery mode
After the restart of the device, you will found yourself in new ROM. Do afterward formality. The procedure is quite simple and easy to do anybody can try it.