Heavy Rain is an action-adventure game developed by Quantic Dream. It was released in February 2010 for PlayStation console and now, yesterday the game hit the PC consoles too. The narrative of the plot includes four characters. One of them is Ethan. Ethan has lost his child Jason and the whole plot revolves around searching of Jason. Later in the game, we are introduced with three more characters namely Scott Shelby, a private eye; Norman Jayden, an FBI agent; and Madison Paige, a photojournalist. By playing the game and solving mysteries you will realize how all the four characters are related. And if you have purchased the game and played then you must have realized the glitches we come across.
In such realistic world setting, amazing graphics and animation, you cannot afford to have glitches. Its very annoying. That’s why we thought of compiling a guide that will help you in fixing some of the issues. Since I myself have played the game and found some of the issues, I find the solution for the ones I have encountered and some of which I am aware of and compiled in this guide. Available for anyone. Easy to access and understand.
Quantic Dream developers are working on a patch that will help in fixing major issues such as dodgy animation, framerate issue and file save issues. But the patch is yet to be released. The development team is till working on the bugs and until they release the patch, we will find solution and will find the notable bugs.
Although we have covered most of the issues here. In case we might have missed something and if you are unable to find the solution to your problem, then you can write to us. We will be happy to help you!
Moving on, lets discuss about the minimum and recommended requirements which are necessary for the game. Most of the people doesn’t pay heed to this section of the guide and then get issues later. Make sure that you fulfill the requirements stated below otherwise you will face issue such as graphic issue, animation issues etc. And if you have high end PCs then you can ignore them and move ahead.
- OS: Win 7 64
- Processor: Intel Core i5-2400 3.1GHz / AMD FX-6350
- Graphics: AMD Radeon R7 370 or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
- System Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Storage: 45 GB Hard drive space
- DirectX 11 Compatible Graphics Card
- OS: Win 10 64
- Processor: Intel Core i7-2700K 4-Core 3.50GHz / AMD FX-8370
- Graphics: AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 Air 8GB or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
- System Memory: 12 GB RAM
- Storage: 45 GB Hard drive space
Make sure that you fulfill all these requirements and if you don’t then get the ones you don’t have in your PC for playing smoothly.
Heavy Rain is unable to install:
If you are among those players who are unable to install heavy Rain, then you must read further.
- One of the reasons of your facing this issue might be that you are interrupted by the anti-virus installed in your system. Usually antivirus such as Norton has this feature where they do not allow you to install the software from untrusted sources. In order to remove that issue, you can turn off your software during the time of the installation of the game. Go to the settings of your antivirus software and then turn it off. Try the installation of the game again and later turn on the antivirus software.
- Second reason might be that the CD drive that you are using can be corrupt. There must be scratches on it or might be broken from somewhere. Check the CD again and ensure that it is looking good. If you have damaged your CD, then you should purchase a new one to further play your game.
- If this is not your case, then check the iso image of the file of the game from which you are installing the game. Check if that is not corrupted and if by chance it is then download the new one from the website. You have to first wipe off the old one completely and then download the fresh and install it.
- And you know, let me tell you a secret. In windows, rebooting the PC fixing majority of the issues. So, you must try this option. Maybe your luck works.
Heavy Rain Crashes on Launch:
This issue where the game crashes on launch are directly related to drivers. You should check that your drivers are updated and if they are not then you should update your drivers. You can download it from the official website of the drivers and alternatively from the one mentioned below.
If still you are facing issue, then you should probably update the DirectX driver and restart the game again. Probably this will help you.
Turning off the UAC:
This can also be suitable option for you. UAC is user access control which is a feature that block the software from unknown sources. It might be possible that your phone’s UAC is on and that is blocking the game from installation. Turn it off by going to the settings of your phone. Turn it off during the launch of your game and then turn on later. This will help you in fixing issue.
Heavy Rain is Lagging or Freezing:
This is very frequent issue which causes your gaming screen to freeze. In order to avoid this issue, you can install Razor game booster that will help you in increasing the productivity of the game. Adjusting the performance setting can also be a great alternative in fixing the issue. Poor connectivity can also be the reason for Heavy Rain freezing.
Heavy Rain Resolution issue:
Most of the time, the resolution of the game is very poor. But then worry not, you can fix the issue by performing the steps given below.
- High resolution can be one of the reasons why you are facing this issue. Lowering the resolution will definitely help in fixing it.
- To maximize the utilization of the resources, make sure to kill all the unwanted process. Go to task manager and then to process. Find the process which are not require and then kill them to free your resources available.
- Turn off Vsync, antialiasing and filtering by going to settings that can also be a good.
No audio issue in Heavy Rain:
Make sure that the headphone or speaker that you are using is inserted properly. And if they are then you must check the DXDiag. In the DXDiag, lower the acceleration of the sound. This will surely fix the issue. You can also check if your audio drivers are updated. If not, then you can download them from the official website and install it and then restart the game.
Hopefully above steps will help you in fixing the issue and if in case we have missed here something then feel free to write them in our comment section.