Most of us spend a lot of time working on a computer nowadays. And at the same time, picking up the phone every time it beeps would be quite irritating. Instead, it would be a relief if we can read, reply and do other things on our phone directly from the computer screen, isn’t it?
There could be many more such reasons where you wish if you could control your phone from your desktop or laptop. It generally needed in case of an emergency when you’re in class or meeting when you’re not sure whether your device is muted or not. Also, when you have a long message to type or want to share several files that are stored on your phone.
This guide is to introduce you with some easy ways using which you can control your mobile phones directly from PC or laptops. Trust me, it is very helpful.
1. Use Samsung Flow For Controlling Samsung Phones
This is one of the easiest and best way of controlling your Android Smartphone directly from the computer. But unfortunately, it is limited only to Samsung smartphones. No other brand will work with the same.
If you are a Samsung user, you just need to download Samsung Flow on your computer from Microsoft Store and install a Samsung Flow client on your phone from PlayStore. Now connect them both via WiFi or Bluetooth and you are done. Now, your entire phone screen will be on your desktop. You can do anything including drag-and-drop File sharing between phone and PC.
2. Access Android from Computer using AirDroid:
Airdroid is a powerful application and preferred widely because of its useful services. It provides a desktop version of your smartphone on a computer screen. The application has a lot to offer if you choose its premium services. It is free with limited services but if you want to take full advantage of it you have to pay the charges.
Now the real question here is what Airdroid does and how it works? Let’s not confuse you anymore. AirDroid lets you control your Android phone from a PC over the internet, or via Wi-Fi if both devices are connected to the same network. The next thing you may want to know is how it works? Well, let’s find out:
- The very first thing to do is download the Airdroid application on your phone and install it. The application will ask for some permission, allow it.
- Then the next thing you have to do is open the browser on your computer and visit web.airdroid.com. There you must see a QR code on the page.
- Open the Airdroid application on your mobile device which you installed earlier, go to scan the QR code option.
- Scan the QR code, after that, it will ask you for sign in if you haven’t yet
After doing so, you’re good to go.
Now it will showcase all the phone application on your desktop. It also offers you flexibility at the top panel that you can use to search for apps, make calls, set alarms, and so on.
Let’s just put some light on Airdroid features. It includes making calls, send and read text messages, provides access to the photos and videos stored on your phone, as well as locally saved music. It also allows you to wirelessly move data from your PC to phone. The only limitation is it doesn’t allow third-party applications.
3. Remotely Access Android Using AirMirror:
This works under the Airdroid application it means you don’t have to install any further application to use it. As the name speaks, AirMirror is a tool that will create a mirror image of your phone on desktop or laptop. All you need an Airdroid account for working it without any interruption. This particular tool requires a setup process which is a bit complicated for people to understand. However, we try our best to make it look more user-friendly and easy. The setup process requires you to enable the USB Debugging option in Developer Settings:
- First thing first, install AirMirror application and sign in to your account.
- The next thing to do on your laptop is installing an AirMirror chrome extension on your PC browser.
- Enable USB Debugging in the Developer Options in Settings by connecting your phone to your computer via a USB cable.
- Visit web.airdroid.com in Chrome and click the AirMirror button.
- After doing the process you will see the mirror image of your phone screen on PC.
Now let’s walk you through the perks of this application. It gives full access to your device remotely. The best advantage of this application over Airdroid is it allows third-party applications too. It lets you move files from your phone using the Save to Computer and Save to Device options.
4. Control Android Using Vysor from PC:
Vysor is no different from AirMirror, the features offered by this application is quite similar to AirMirror. You must be wondering why to use it? The only reason is Vysor is easy and doesn’t give you any further trouble with the setup and installation process. It can be used easily by the one who is not so into tech stuff.
Vysor is available on all major platforms like Windows, MAC, and Linux, etc. To work with Vysor on your system all you need to do is install Vysor on your PC and connect your phone. Rest everything is automated. Uninstalling this application is a much easier process, you can do it by visiting Settings > Apps on your Android device. Let’s discuss the features of Vysor in detail.
- It offers handy buttons to take screenshots, record your screen, and control the volume.
- It creates a mirrored version of your phone on desktop
- It lets you run all your application, means the application which runs on your phone will be usable on the desktop.
5. Control Android Phone From Windows 10 using Your Phone App:
This is the easiest method of controlling your Android phone from computer, if it is running on Windows 10. It needs no introduction for windows users. All it requires is the built-in ‘Your Phone’ app in windows 10.
About Your Phone application, it allows you to send and receive text messages. You can see your 25 recent photos through this and most importantly you are free to manage your calls.
The setup process of this is mentioned below
- The very first thing you have to do is update the ‘Your Phone’ app on PC and install ‘Your Phone Companion’ on your Android device.
- Log in on both the devices.
- Launch the application and follow the instructions accordingly to make it work.
The procedure of installation is easy and doesn’t require extra effort. This is the best way to respond to a text on your phone via laptop instantly. It’s worth giving a try.
So, if you were wondering for complete hands-free access to your phone, this is it. Try any of these methods and let us know if you need any more help with the same.