If its iPhone, there is iTunes. iTunes is used for managing and restoring most of the Apple devices. But over the years, after facing some problems, users found out that iTunes wasn’t enough and now Finally a couple of months ago, Apple announced that it will remove the iTunes permanently and on its place, there will be three different portions of software for users to manage their devices.
In this article, we are providing the ways by which you can restore or reset your iPhone without iTunes. So, you don’t have to worry if you don’t have access to iTunes. Follow the below steps and get your work done easily.
How to Factory Reset an iPhone Without iTunes
If your phone is in working condition and you want to reset it, then you can do it easily from the phone’s settings itself, without going to iTunes.
Here are the steps to reset your iPhone without iTunes :
- Switch on your phone.
- Go to Settings>General >Reset.
From there you will find a list of various reset options. You can either select ‘Erase All Content and Settings’ for factory reset or any other option as you want. You need to give your password before the reset process.
So, this was all about resetting your iPhone. Now, let’s come restoring it.
How to Restore an iPhone Without iTunes
Restoring the iPhone without iTunes is a bit complicated process. You have to use third-party software. Some of the best software for this purpose areFonePaw, dr.fone, and Tenorshare. You can use any one of these. In this method, we will be using FonePaw software.
Usually, there can be two situations in which you may want to restore your iPhone. One, If your phone is locked and in an inactive state. Second, If you want to restore the data on your iPhone. FonePaw can be used for both cases.
How to Restore a Disabled/Locked/Unresponsive iPhone Without iTunes?
Note that, this is the same method you need to follow if you’ve forgotten your iPhone password or you’re strucked in DFU mode /recovery.
- Download and Install the FonePawiOS System Recovery. It is available in both free and paid versions. The free version will be absolutely fine for this process but has some limitations. So, you can buy the full app if you want.
- Once the app starts running, connect your iPhone with your PC with some cables. WiFi and Bluetooth connection will not work.
- If your phone is stuck in recovery mode, then the FonePaw app will detect it. Hit Confirm to continue the process.
- If your phone is disabled and not in working condition, then click on Advanced Mode. It will provide you with instructions to get your phone into Recovery /DFU mode.
- After selecting the required process, you will come across a screen where you need to fill in your phone details like the device category, type, and model. You need to select the version of iOS you want to install during the restore process.
- After filling in the information, hit the Repair button.
How to Restore iPhone Data Without iTunes
FonePaw will also help you to restore the iPhone data. If you’ve accidentally lost your data like photos, messages, files, you can get it back using the recovery app.
Here is How you can do it :
- Download and install the FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery app.
- Select the options as per your requirements. Options are Recover from iTunes Backup File, Recover from iCloud Backup File or Scan iPhone data.
- Choose the files you want to restore.
- Hit the Recover button.