Sony has added another smartphone to its “Waterproof” kitty. Yes, they’ve announced the all new Xperia M2 Aqua. Its predecessor Xperia M2 was launched in the first quarter of this year and got a good response in terms of sales.
Sony Xperia M2 Aqua is an upgrade to this not-so-old device. It brags a 4.8″ screen size which is a high resolution screen. It is also powered by 1.2 GHz Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor which makes multitasking as easy as a cake-walk. Like most of the smartphones today the M2 Aqua also has the latest android operating system version 4.4 KitKat.
Furthermore, it includes a 1GB RAM with 8GB internal storage which can easily be expanded up to 32GB using a micro sd card. The rear camera is 8MP with Exmore RS sensor for better picture quality and output whereas the front camera is a 0.3MP VGA camera useful for video calling. Connectivity options are WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC same as the predecessor. Its just 8.6mm thick and weighs 149 grams.
Sony Xperia M2 Aqua specifications:
- Android 4.4 KitKat
- 4.8 inch qHD capacitive touch screen display
- 960 x 540 pixels resolution
- 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 (MSM8226) processor
- 1GB RAM
- Adreno 305 GPU
- 8 Megapixel rear camera with LED flash and Exmor RS sensor
- 0.3 Megapixel front-facing camera
- 1080p video recording
- 8GB internal storage memory, expandable upto 32GB using microSD card
- 3G HSPA+, WiFi 820.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, NFC
- IPX5 and IPX8 (waterproof) and IP6x (dust proof)
- 2330mAh Battery
It comes in Black, White and Purple same as the other Xperia models. And last but not the least this phone is not just Waterproof (IPX5 & IPX8) but also Dustproof(IP6x) , so all you off-roaders this one is for you all.