Motorola Moto X has been announced by the Google which will stand as the successor to the original Moto X. It comes with Android 4.4 KitKat OS. Comparing to the previous gen Moto X, it has a 5 inch Full HD AMOLED capacitive display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 on top of the screen where the old Moto X had 4.7 inch HD display. There is also a new 2.5 GHz Quad-core MSM8974-AC Snapdragon 801 processor with Adreno 330 GPU for HD 3D gaming.
It gives you a 13.0 MP rear Camera with Ring LED Flash a f/2.25 aperture for great picture quality. This camera is capable of recording videos at 4K or Ultra HD resolutions. The front camera is a 2.0 MP which can record 1080p videos. Moto X 2nd Gen comes with 2GB RAM for heavy multitasking and there are two memory options same as before the 16GB and 32GB for your apps, games and your personal files.
The connectivity options on the phone have not seen any new changes; you get 3G, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, and WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, WiFi Hotspot, GPS GLONASS, and NFC. For powering the phone there is a 2300mAh battery. Let’s have a look at the specs of the phone.
Motorola Moto X 2nd Gen specifications:
- Android 4.4 KitKat OS
- 5.2 inch Full HD AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 1920 x 1080 pixels Resolution
- 2.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 (MSM8974-AC) processor
- 2GB RAM
- Adreno 330 GPU
- 13 Megapixel rear camera with dual LED Ring flash and f/2.25 aperture
- 2 Megapixel front-facing camera
- 4K video recording with rear camera and 1080p Recording with Front camera
- 3G, WiFi 802.11a/g/b/n/ac (dual band), Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS, GLONASS and NFC
- 2300 mAh battery
The Moto X 2nd Gen is priced at $499 with contract and $99.99 with two years contract for carriers in US. Latin America, North America, Europe and Asia are the countries where the phone will be available from this month end onwards. The Moto X 2nd Gen have not yet revealed the price for India but will be exclusively available on Flipkart.
You may like: Moto X 2014 Review