Whether on Instagram or Facebook, scrolling down the pages of social media accounts might appear with some random attractive photo or video. You may need to save the photo or video clip in your device. Well, if you are an active user of Instagram, you must be familiar with the rules that Instagram does not allow you to save or download private videos.
Any account, which is private, does not appear with an option to download videos. Don’t worry about the troublesome you might be facing because here you will get to know different ways to download private Instagram videos.
We have some great online tools that let you download private Instagram videos from the private accounts that are only visible to those who are following that account. Sometimes, you may need to have a page source of Instagram video to direct the MP4 video links that let you save the private Instagram video to your device.
You must be familiar with the fact that plenty of online tools are available to download videos from Instagram. Even some influencers on Instagram use this software because they switch their accounts from the public to private. Let’s find out some of the awesome tricks to save private videos from Instagram.
How can I Download Private Instagram Videos Directly?
As per this method, you are no longer needed to install any tool or software to download Instagram’s private videos. You just need a web browser. On a Windows PC or Mac, you can save private content from Instagram. Follow the steps given below:
- Sign in to your Instagram account.
- Go to the page of the private video you want to save on your device.
- Open up the browser, for instance, Firefox.
- Right-click on a blank place and hit the “Inspect to open Developer Tools” option.
- Or you may press F12 on Windows, and use command + option + I on Mac.
- Click on “Network” and then “Media” from the Developer Tools. A link will appear in front of you that can be used to save the video.
- You have to open the link in a new tab.
- Right-click and save the video to your PC.
If you are unable to get the video link, you should refresh the page.
Once you reload the page, play the video before it shows results under the Media tab. Still, if you are not able to find the results, click the All tab rather than Media. Now, you will find the URL to download the video.
How can I Download Private Instagram Videos from Source Code?
I know the method explained above is quite complicated, and those who never did this kind of procedure will really find it hard to perform.
That’s why I have another method for you. Again, this method does not require any software or tool to download Instagram’s private videos on PC. If you open up the page of that particular video you want to download, right-click and choose “View Source” option to see the source code. Or else you may use CTRL + U from your keyboard.
- When you are on the source code page, press CTRL + F to open the search bar.
- Find the “og: video” on the page. (don’t add quotes while searching)
- Now, you may get the download link for the private Instagram video.
- Open it in a new tab and save the video on your PC.
Private Instagram Downloader
Gramvio is an online tool and is one of the best methods you can use to download Instagram’s private videos, photos, or stories. The methods mentioned above might not be enriched with all the features that you can avail in this tool.
Generally, all of the content uploaded on private Instagram accounts is visible to the followers only. As you already know that a page source of that particular video or photo is needed to download Instagram’s private content. This downloader will drag out links of the page source that lets you save or download videos, photos, and stories from the private accounts on your Windows PC or Mac.
How to Download Private Content from Instagram
Follow the steps given below to save private content:
- From your device, open the browser.
- Sign in to Instagram on your browser with username and password.
- Make sure you are using the same browser to open an Instagram account and Gramvio tool.
- Go to the photo or video you want to download.
- Copy the URL of that particular video from the browser or Instagram app.
For Android Users:
- Click on three dots given right next to the post.
- Select the “Share Link” option and click on the “Copy to clipboard” option to copy that video’s direct link.
For iPhone Users:
- Again, click on three dots given next to the private post (photo or video) and choose “Copy Link” to save the URL of photo or video to your clipboard.
- Now, paste the URL in the given field bar of Gramvio tool.
- Click on the Download button and save the video or photo into your Smartphone.
For Safari (iPhone, iPad, iPod) Users:
- Go for a new page and open the private Instagram video downloader.
- Click on “Share icon” on Safari and choose “Add to Home Screen.”
- Now, select the “ADD” button to save in your iDevice home screen.
To Sum Up
What do you think about which method is the best one?
Well, for me, Gramvio is the ultimate tool because it has all the best features. It has a user-friendly interface that you will not find in any other method. Though each method has its own limitations and performance effects, you can still use it according to your needs.
Is the tool able to download videos and images from Android phone?
Of course, yes!
You can use this tool to download any sort of content from private Instagram accounts you are not following. This tool is really compatible with different mobile versions. You just have to add the URL of the video or photo. By clicking on the Download button, you can easily get what you want.