VPN is a virtual private network, which makes it possible to connect to the Internet securely by changing your IP address. In this case, the provider will see your location, but not the information you are browsing.
Virtual networks are used to enhance the security level when connecting to public Wi-Fi networks. Also, by starting a browser using VPN to iPhone you can open the web sites prohibited in your region. You can use your iPhone, MacBook, or iPad devices to get unhindered access to the prohibited content. After reading this article, you will find out how to set up a VPN on the iPhone.
Reasons you need to use a VPN for iPhone today
Below you will find several positive aspects of using a virtual network on your gadget:
- VPN on the iPhone makes it possible to provide security of your personal data when connecting to a public Wi-Fi network. When using public networks, your device may be affected by malicious software. The data being transmitted can be captured. Hackers can take advantage of you not using proper encryption to control confidential conversations, get information about your credit cards or account data. Even using WPA2 protection doesn’t guarantee 100% security – cybercriminals can get access to your passwords. By using a VPN for browsing the network you ensure absolute data security since traffic is thoroughly encrypted.
- The virtual network helps to bypass restrictions imposed on the geographic location basis. The ban may apply to particular regions. For example, a well-known Netflix service doesn’t allow users outside the United States to watch movies and shows. By using a VPN, you will be able to change your IP address, so that the provider will locate you in the United States. At the same time, you will get access to all the content available to Americans.
- VPN makes it possible to bypass various application and website blockages. Let’s say you’ve decided to set on a trip to European countries and your favorite messenger doesn’t work there. What will you do? All you need to do is to connect to the virtual network. What if popular websites or social networks are prohibited by the law of your native country? The solution is simple – just install the VPN program on your iOS device and continue browsing the content on any resources you want.
By using the virtual network, you will be able to forget about firewalls installed in your office. When you spend most of your time at work or at school, you may have notices that some resources are blocked. This is because the administrator has blocked certain sites in accordance with the rules set by the management. All you need to do to bypass the firewall is to install a program with a VPN and keep enjoying interesting content.
If your provider has blocked some of the websites because it saw what you were doing in the Web. Without the virtual network installed, your Internet service provider can look through your non-encrypted messages, track the time spent in the Web, and see your browsing history. The problem with getting access to the information is that your provider may sell it to third parties. This can be easily solved by using a VPN. The traffic will be encrypted, card information and site passwords will be safe, and the messages sent will be available to no one but you and the recipient.
Install VPN not to be affected by the bandwidth limitations. Your provider will no longer be able to reduce the speed of Internet access on purpose. This can only be caused by excessive downloading of information, watching videos, or playing online games. When using the virtual network, the provider will notice the fact of entering the system using a VPN. The traffic won’t be available.
Many iOS users prefer to apply gadgets for playing online games. All you need to ensure that the process runs smoothly is to install a VPN service. It can protect you from:
- geolocation-based blocking – now you can play with your friends and change VPN location;
- DoS/DDoS attacks that can slow down the gaming process;
- restrictions imposed on your IP address due to various reasons.
If you install a VPN on your smartphone or laptop, your Internet service provider won’t be able to reduce your Internet access speed. You will play games, watch videos, listen to music, read any necessary information, and communicate with your friends using an acceptable messenger without any restrictions. When playing online games, you can use a virtual system that is as close as possible to the game server. This minimizes the time it takes to process the network requests.
What should you do if VPN not connecting on the iPhone? You may have failed to configure the program correctly. To make sure that you’ve successfully connected and are using the appropriate server to get access to the necessary information, you should study the principles of connecting to the virtual network carefully:
How to anonymously browse the web on your iPhone: step by step VPN configuration
How to switch to safe web surfing from any device and how to get a VPN? Just follow these simple recommendations:
- Visit the official website of the VPN company and create an account.
- Download the software for your iPhone.
- Install the application and open it.
- Use the username and password selected for the account to get access to the system.
- Connect to the VPN by clicking a green button in the center of the screen.
- Select any server you want; all the available servers depending on your geolocation will be offered to you. You can connect to any country’s server.
After completing the preliminary iPhone VPN settings of the application, you will see that you have already been connected to the virtual server. Your virtual position on the world map will be available to you. You will find out which IP address the system uses instead of the real one. The central button of the program will display the duration of your online browsing in the virtual network. You will be able to see available secure Wi-Fi networks that you can connect to. The map will display the networks that are situated next to you. When watching the detailed information, you will also be able to see how long it is since the access password was changed. Just follow the right steps that describe how setup VPN on iPhone.
To terminate access to a VPN, you should click the Stop button. After that, the provider will be able to monitor your actions in the Web when you open any browser page or program used via the Internet. To find out more about the program and learn the basic principles that answer the question, how to connect by VPN for getting access to a virtual private network, follow the link zorro vpn.io/about-zorro/.