Everything that You Must Know About LED Flood Lights
Businesses always try to increase their profitability by finding ways to minimize operational expenses. Cost-cutting is an important strategy for maximizing the revenues because savings on operational expenses will directly reflect on the profitability.
Your first attention will be towards making savings on labor and inventory costs. However, there is always a limit on how far you can cut those expenses because you will have to maintain your product or service quality.
Most businesses fail to notice the extra expenses that they are spending on energy bills. If your business operations are not energy-efficient, then you can never get ahead of your competitors. Therefore, you must try to learn and make your operations more energy efficient.
In addition to helping you make significant savings on your energy bills, they are environment friendly. The use of LED floodlighting will help you in achieving your objective. It is perhaps something that many of you might never have thought of before. You may visit LEDLightExpert.com and check out the latest LED floodlighting systems for your business.
They are basically the heavy-duty lighting fixtures that are specially developed to light up extended areas. They provide coverage across wide angles for effectively lighting up entire sporting arenas. They are commercially available in many types, as per their varied uses.
You will need to make the choices depending on the specific requirements of your project. LED floodlights are used extensively for various applications like lighting up lawns, large parks, Street junctions, massive stadiums, etc.
They are perfect for outdoor applications but are also used indoors in many places. For example, they are used inside big warehouses and garages. They are also used quite extensively for security or for illuminating huge advertisement boards and billboards. Solar-powered LED floodlights to help in conversation energy and are usually installed at home yards and parks.
Why will LED floodlights be preferable?
The following are a few reasons why LED floodlights make an ideal choice for business premises.
Unlike in homes, most business lighting will run all throughout the day. Traditional bulbs will not be able to sustain such extensive usage, and their lifespan will shorten. Even the constantly running lighting fixtures on lumen output will considerably depreciate, even if you don’t operate them frequently.
On the other hand, LED’s are meant for long life and consistency. They will keep working for many years, even if they keep running extensively.
Produces less heat
Most traditional CFL bulbs or incandescent lights tend to produce heat, which can lead to unforeseen safety hazards. Fixtures located near seating areas and walkways could pose a threat of people if they get too close or accidentally touch them. However, LED floodlights will never produce that much heat, even during winters. This will eliminate any possibility of causing a health hazard to people.
Most incandescent lamps and CFL bulbs are manufactured by using various toxic chemicals. When it is time to discard them, you may face difficulties with their disposal. They are made with harmful pollutants and toxins, which is why disposals are tough.
LED floodlights, on the other hand, are usually recyclable completely. You can dispose of them easily after they complete their long lifespan. LED fixtures are eco-friendly in every way.
Specific light direction
Traditional bulbs do not allow precision focusing of light in outdoor environments. Fixtures of LED flood light are far more advanced and have a highly accurate focus. You can use them to create desirable effects during installations by using shades, reflectors, and by using innovative angles.
All businesses, no matter how big or small, will look to find ways to cut down their power bills. By replacing the old floodlights with LED floodlights, you can always cut your wattage consumed to almost half, even after using multiple fixtures, which is a substantial amount of savings.
Sometimes when you switch on the older types of lights, there will be buzzing noises or flickering. These glitches can become too annoying, especially to those who are sensitive to sounds and light.
People working in such conditions often complain of strain o their eyes or headache. You can always eliminate this nuisance by switching over to LED fixtures. You or your employees will not have to bear the irritating buzzing noises or flickering of lights.
What do you check while choosing LED flood light?
The following are few things that you need to consider while buying any LED floodlights.
- LED chips – LED in the SMD package can last much longer, as compared to LED of the COB package. SMD uses very little chip of LED and can work at a lower temperature. Thus, it can avoid the burning of the LED floodlight.
- Wattage – In order to get a proper amount of light, you need to select the LED of right lumens and not the wattage of the LED. You can get a proper guide from the LED manufacturer to them, based on the area size.
- Beam angle – All LED floodlights have 180° coverage, which is suitable for wall mounting. You can also have two smaller sized LED floodlights facing in opposite directions to offer centralized lighting from a pole.
- LED flood light sensor – Having LED flood light with sensors is a great option, as it can help you make significant savings on your power bills.
- IP rating – Always go for a minimum IP rating of LED flood light, as products with higher IP ratings will attract water and dust. It will help in reducing the possible replacements.
- Brand – Always prefer to buy LED floodlights from reputed brands, which will ensure quality and longer life too.
- Color temperature – Color temperature is one important consideration while buying, as it can change your application considerably. For clear and bright applications, look for a color temperature of around 5500 K kelvin.