Windows 10 appeared in the form of Technical Preview. It is not the full version but a similar to beta where you get a option to test the new edition of Windows 10. We will be testing and find out the benefits of this new OS. Most of you are trying to install it and many know how to do this. But this tips is for those who will be doing this for the first time. It is quiet helpful and easy. Microsoft has simplified a lot of thing in Windows 10. They had improved and simplified the setup.
So here I am going to provide you step by step process of installation. This will help if you are stuck at some point and not able to install windows. The process is quiet easy here. The tips are going to help both advance and new users to get windows. It is quiet necessary that you start with data backup. Or else there can be serious issue after setup. You might lose your files if windows crash.
Minimum System Requirement for Windows 10:
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster Processor for better output.
- 1GB ram if you want to install 32-bit or 2 GB ram if you want to install 64-bit.
- There must be at least 16 GB or higher disk space.
- You must have a graphics card that must be Microsoft DirectX 9 compatible with WDDM driver
- You will need a Live account with Internet access.
- Keep your motherboard driver CD ready with you. For faster setup you can copy it in a separate partition.
- Create a full system recovery disk if you are going to downgrade Windows 10 in future.
- For Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 there is a upgrade option available. No need to clean format.
- Download Language packs if necessary. Windows 10 only has English by default.
- Go at Windows Insider Program page. And then sign in with your Live ID.
- Just have a look on the system requirement page once and then go ahead.
- After that you can see a download link. Here you can choose from 32bit and 64bit. If you go with the 32bit and choose x86 that will be around 2.9GB in size and if you go with the 64bit version then the size is 3.8GB. You will also see the registration key that you have to use for the activation purpose.
- This version will expire next year in April.
- Now you got the ISO file with you. There are two ways of using this. First you can create a bootable usb drive or you can burn that on a DVD. And use that as per your need.
- If you are having Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 installed you can directly choose the upgrade option. Copy the iso file in a separate partition and extract the content in a folder. Then double click on setup.exe. That’s it. Follow the screen instruction.
- For DVD and USB go in bios and change the first boot device to usb or DVD. And then boot from the disc. Now follow the screen instruction for setup.
- You have to choose a partition and done. The setup will be fast and easy.
You can also check this Step by Step Video Tutorial for Installing Windows 10: