Sony Xperia Z owners are bundled up with many upgrades features and now Cynogenmod 10.1 is also compatible with Sony Xperia Z. Cyanogenmod Nightlies build has been out now for all Sony Xperia Z users. If you wish to get this update on to your phone then all you have to carry out some procedures and take care of few steps.
- First you need to take a backup of your data, apps and other settings of your phone as this procedure will wash your all installed data from phone.
- Charge your battery fully as this procedure will take some time and your phone should not switch-off in between.
- Enable USB debugging mode of your phone from settings.
- Bootloader on to your phone should be unlocked and ClockworkMod Recovery should be also installed.
- Download Google apps package to install all necessary google apps along with Cyanogenmod 10.1 package.
- You will have to copy downloaded zip file to SD-card without extracting.
- Now switch off your phone and Boot in to recovery mode by holding down volume up + down and power button.
- Now all you have to do is wipe all the data from your phone
- Also clear cache memory from advanced option and your dalvik cache memory.
- Now perform Nandrop backup of your accessible ROM.
- Select “Backup and Restore” and then select “Backup” again.
- After completing backup you should go back to recovery menu and now select “install zip” from SD-card
- Choose zip from SD-card.
- Browse to your SD Card root and select CM 10.1 ROM which was downloaded earlier.
- Install and wait till your installation process completes.
- Repeat the same procedure to install Google apps by selecting “Choose Zip from SD-card” and select “Gapps.zip”.
- Once done, go back to the home recovery window and select Reboot the system.
After the completion you will find that your Sony Xperia Z is installed with Cyanogenmod 10.1.