Local SEO is focused on attracting potential customers in specific areas like a town or a city and is typically used by local companies who aim to reach their audience and develop their business within this particular area. Like standard SEO, it involves strategies and other actions designed specifically for increasing search engine visibility if there are users near a company’s physical location who conduct searches and need services. Local SEO is vital for small-scale businesses operating on regional levels, rather than national. National SEO focuses itself on increasing its search ranking all over the country. On the other hand, local SEO targets a small and specific area. It is dependent on selling a company’s products or services to local customers. Should you need any help or assistance then you might want to consider hiring experts from the AIAD Agency.
Local SEO translates to more traffic and leads, which in turn, results in conversions. This is because the strategy is more suited to local customers. A company can consider this as an effective strategy that is beneficial in competing against large-scale national companies, capable of spending more on their marketing efforts. Focusing on local SEO and enlisting local SEO services from Thrive Agency can help a small business counteract the edge of larger businesses that consistently target broader keywords and depend on brand recognition rather than value propositions for increased traffic to their sites. Additionally, a significant percentage of traffic on searches is local, which can have a business lose more without utilizing local SEO.
Some great benefits of Local SEO
- Boosts online visibility. While making conversions is the primary goal of any business, it is also necessary to let potential customers within the area know that a business is there. Each time a user searches for a product or service within a specific location, the company name and info are visible.
- A low-cost method of attracting potential customers. Local SEO promises much potential for any small business since it attracts audiences within the vicinity of the business facility, and needs their specific products or services. While local SEO is no different from traditional SEO with the time and effort it takes to accomplish, small business owners do not have to shell out a lot of money. If done effectively, the business is visible to interested local audiences.
- Increase a brand’s authority and trustworthiness. Creating relevant, quality content is a primary strategy of any local SEO campaign. It is useful in gaining the attention of local audiences and provides search engines with information about the geographic focus of the website. In turn, the site is visible in searches within the area. Locally relevant content establishes the trustworthiness and authority of the brand to audiences in the area.
How to rank for local SEO
- Create quality content. Between traditional and local SEO, one of the things that stay constant is the need to create quality content. While websites are ranked by search engines according to their overall authority, users are more interested in the content of a website. For content to be useful and have a higher chance of profitability, it must be helpful, informative, original, and SEO responsive. Content must also be created in a way to convince users that they should support the brand. Additionally, content should be user-friendly, meaning easy for any user to view and utilize. Companies do well by partnering with professionals that offer local SEO services, to assist in creating relevant content that have the best qualities needed to rank in Google and other search engines.
- Make use of local keywords. The difference between a standard search and local search is location. When a user tells Google or other search engines to locate a product or service in a specific area, every other place becomes irrelevant and no longer visible in search results. What remains are what they are looking for in that particular location. Some examples of local SEO keywords would be “Electronics store in Sta Monica,” “Electronic store near me,” or “Closest electronics store.” Apart from that, a website must select from the best keywords keeping two factors in mind – search volume and search intent. Search volume refers to the number of searches conducted by users every month. The more searches performed, the higher the chances of attracting more users via search engines. With regards to search intent, the best keywords are those that provide a clear representation of what users search for. While adding a location makes keywords specific, extra details that focus on a specific product or service helps potential customers find just what they need.
- Use striking graphics and videos. Without a doubt, graphics and videos are more interesting to people. They have been proven effective at getting a message across, even more than any other information. Images are the best way to get the attention of visitors. They bring life to a website and make it appealing to users. By using striking graphics and videos, people stay longer on the site and are more engaged. They help people know all about the company and build up trust. It doesn’t matter whether a business is selling a product or service, the audience remains interested because of what they see.
- Collect positive customer reviews. Customer reviews are essential in the success of local SEO. If a company offers excellent service and their products are good, gathering positive reviews from satisfied customers is not a problem. To make use of these reviews to their fullest potential, it is best to have a page that is solely dedicated to them. In this page, customers can provide reviews about the company’s products and services, and other users can read them. To enhance it, even more, review scores can be displayed on the company’s rich snippets. To help customers with their reviews, a link can be provided that directs them to a review form.
SEO continues to evolve at a fast pace. More changes are coming, which is why it is important to stay current with SEO. By expending best efforts, a business is ensured that it not only benefits from profitable local searches but is ready for fresh SEO features. Partnering with local SEO services is useful for small businesses looking to run a local SEO campaign.