If you are interested in getting citizenship in St. Kitts and Nevis, there are several options to do so. One of the best ways is through investment. A lot of countries offer the option of giving citizenship to people from other countries as long as they are willing to invest a certain amount in their country. This brings investment in the country and also creates employment opportunities for their nationals. Thus, they won’t mind giving nationality to such a businessman.
Therefore, if you need to have a second nationality or citizenship, you can go for St. Kitts and Nevis. This is a great place to live and spend your time. You will have a lot of places to visit.
If you are not sure whether it is a good option to spend your money or not, you need to take a look at the benefits that you will get. Not only will you have a lot of interesting places to visit but also other benefits. You can make use of St Kitts Nevis citizenship by investment program and get the citizenship and enjoy all the benefits that you can look for.
Before that, you need to know how you will qualify for this citizenship program. So let’s have a look at that.
1. The minimum investment
The first and most important thing that you need to know is that you need to make an investment of a certain amount. So what is that minimum amount? It varies from sector to sector. For example, if you are planning to invest in real estate, the minimum amount will be different from the IT sector. Therefore, you need to know the exact amount before making the investment and preparing your application.
In addition to this, when you are applying for the program, you need to make a qualifying investment. This means that your investment should be the same as the amount or more than what is the minimum amount needed for the application. You can get the minimum investment information if you search for a bit.
2. Your age
Age is also an important factor when determining your approval rate. In addition to this, citizenship by investment means that the investor will be taking control of some business. He can buy shares or invest in real estate. But whatever he is doing, he is making money. This means that he is creating competition in the market and creating job opportunities. All these decisions need a mature mentality.
That is why this program asks for a lower age limit of 18 years. This clearly states that the applicant should be at least 18 years old. So make sure you are giving the application in person and not in your children’s name.
3. Your criminal record
Another thing that they will check before qualifying you for the final list is your criminal record. No country would like a criminal to enter their region. This is not only unethical (giving a safe haven to criminals) but also creates problems for the country itself. That is why, after you submit your application, the regulatory authorities will do a background check on you.
They will check whether you were involved in any criminal activity or not. Likewise, they will also check the level of your crime and its time period. If a long time has passed since the crime was committed and the crime was not that serious, you might still have the chance. Or if you are sure that you have not left any record.
4. Prove your outstanding character
Another thing that you need to do is prove that you are a person who is serious about investing and not just using this program for getting citizenship. If you have business experience or you have been in a certain business sector for some time, you will be able to prove your qualifications. Thus, your outstanding character will be a positive point for you. This will strengthen your application and you will have a higher chance of application approval.
5. Your bank statement
Your bank statement is the biggest proof of your outstanding character. Furthermore, you are applying for the citizenship by investment program. Therefore, you need to show them that you have enough in your bank account to make you eligible for this program.
So if you do not have much money in your account, you need to make it happen. Otherwise, your application will be rejected.
The changed policies
If you have been interested in getting St. Kitts and Nevis citizenship, you need to know the changed policies. Here is what has changed over the years.
- If you are preparing your application, you need to know that they have tightened their application checks. Therefore, now, you need to go through biometric verification or through fingerprint scanning.
- You do not need to take the Oath while you are giving or submitting your application. Oath-taking is one of the procedures that you need to go through while applying for a citizenship program.
- One of the best things that have happened here is the reduction in the minimum amount for real estate investment. So if you are interested in real estate, you only need to pay a minimum amount of $200,000 now. Furthermore, you are required to hold it for a period of 7 years.
- Furthermore, the government has also implemented escrow legislation that is meant to protect citizenship investors.
- This passport has become one of the most powerful CBI in the Caribbean region. This means that you are now getting visa-free access to 155 countries. And what’s more interesting is that these visa-free countries include Russia, Ireland, the UK, and even the European and Schengen States.
- St. Kitts has recently expanded their visa waiver program. So now this program also includes Mexico.
Before initiating your application, you need to collect all the proofs that are needed. Furthermore, you should have enough money and then there won’t be any problem.