At an event today in China, Meizu launched their latest flagship Smartphone named Meizu MX5. It has full metallic body and weighs only 149 grams. MX5 features a 5.5 inch super AMOLED display with 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution. The display is further protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 for better and longer durability. It runs on Meizu’s own Flyme OS based on latest Android Lollipop and is powered by 2.2 GHz MediaTek Helio X10 (MT6795T) Octa-Core 64-bit processor coupled with massive 3GB RAM and PowerVR G6200 graphics processor.
The specs indicate that the device will surely provide an amazing performance and also a remarkable gaming experience. Meizu MX5 sports a huge 20.7 Megapixel rear camera equipped with dual tone LED Flash, Laser Auto focus, Sony IMX220 Exmor RS BSI sensor, 6P lenses f/2.0 aperture and can capture videos in 4K. Front camera of MX5 is 5 Megapixel. The dual-SIM device supports 4G LTE in both slots and packs a satisfactory 3150mAh battery.
One highlight of MX5 is its home screen button at the lower end of the phone. It is touch sensitive and provides different output actions (gestures) based on different touch inputs (press). This feature was seen earlier in Meizu M2 Note. Also the button has fingerprint sensor which can be used to unlock the phone and also for making payments via mPay. Meizu MX5 is available in three color option, i.e. Gray, Silver and Gold. Also it comes in 3 memory variants 16GB, 32GB and 64GB.
The price of the smartphone has been specified below:
- Meizu MX5 16GB: 1799 CYN, approx. US$290 INR 18,468
- Meizu MX5 32GB: 1999 CYN, approx. US$322 INR 20,519
- Meizu MX5 64GB: 2399 CYN, approx. US$387 INR. 24,630
The Smartphone is available only in China for order and it will go on sale on July 5th. There are no revelations about its official worldwide release.
Meizu MX5 Specifications:
- Flyme OS 4.5 based on Android 5.0 Lollipop OS
- Dual SIM (4G in both slots)
- 5.5-inch Super AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 Protection
- 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution
- 2.2 GHz MediaTek Helio X10 Octa-Core 64-bit processor
- PowerVR G6200 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- 16/32/64GB internal storage options
- 20.7 MP rear camera with dual tone LED Flash, Laser Auto focus, Sony IMX220 Exmor RS BSI sensor, 6P
- lenses f/2.0 aperture, 4K video recording
- 5MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- 4G LTE (TD-LTE / LTE-FDD) / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 3150mAh battery