Microsoft is up with a new Surface Pro 3 variant, this time they have upgraded to the latest Intel i7 processor and have reduced the ROM to 128GB. Now you must be wondering, why Microsoft decided to go for the lower internal memory but higher processor variant. Basically they want more users to use Surface Pro 3 but at the same time they want it to be easy on your pockets. So, they plan to release this Surface Pro 3 variant in a bid to provide latest technology at an affordable price. Moreover, Microsoft has embedded an 8GB RAM in Surface Pro 3.
Now Surface Pro 3 128GB with latest Core i7 is available at the same price of the older Intel core i5 256GB Surface Pro variant. The Surface Pro 3 128GB is the lowest priced Surface device running on i7 chipset.
Here is the price list of all Surface pro 3 variants:
- Surface pro 3 Intel Core i3, 64GB, 4GB RAM – $799, INR 66,500
- Surface pro 3 Intel Core i5, 128GB, 4GB RAM – $999 INR 86,500
- Surface pro 3 Intel Core i5, 256GB, 8GB RAM – $1,299 INR 99,000
- Surface pro 3 Intel Core i7, 128GB, 8GB RAM – $1,299 INR 99,000
- Surface pro 3 Intel Core i7, 256GB, 8GB RAM – $1,549 INR 115,000
- Surface pro 3 Intel Core i7, 512GB, 8GB RAM – $1,999 INR 145,000
You can opt for Surface Pro 3 i7 with 128GB at the same price Surface Pro 3 Core i5 256GB. It is a fair deal and I feel it’s surely better to opt for latest i7 than i5.
Surface Pro 3 Intel Core i7 Specifications:
- Dimensions: 7.93 in x 11.5 in x 0.36 in
- Weight: 1.76 lbs
- Storage: 128 GB
- Display Screen: 12-inch ClearType Full HD Plus display, Resolution: 2160 x 1440, Aspect Ratio: 3:2
- Pen features 256 levels of pressure sensitivity
- CPU: 4th Gen Core i7 processor
- 8 GB of RAM — dual-channel LPDDR3
- TPM 2.0 (Trusted Platform Module — for BitLocker encryption)
- Wireless: Wi-Fi 802.11ac/802.11 a/b/g/n
- Bluetooth: 4.0 low energy technology
- Battery : Up to nine hours of Web-browsing battery life
- Cameras and A/V: 5MP and 1080p HD front- and rear-facing cameras
- Built-in front and rear facing microphones
- Stereo speakers with Dolby Audio-enhanced sound
- Ports: Full-size USB 3.0, microSD card reader, Headset jack, Mini DisplayPort, Cover port, charging port
- Sensors: Ambient light sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Magnetometer
- Power supply: 36W power supply (including 5W USB for accessory charging)
- Price : $1,299
Microsoft has delayed the manufacturing of Surface Pro 4 as next gen latest Intel chips are not ready yet. However a new variant in the Surface Pro 3 series is an exciting addition and will surely attract users who want the latest processor at an affordable price and also don’t mind lesser internal memory.
Are you excited for Surface Pro 3 i7 128GB and ready to purchase it? Tell us in the comments. Also share your thoughts about the new variant in comments below.