Xiaomi tied up with Foxconn to launch their first ever ‘Make in India’ smartphone named as Xiaomi Redmi 2 Prime. Priced at just Rs. 6,999, the phone is now available online via Mi.com, Flipkart, Amazon and Snapdeal. Manufactured at Xiaomi and Foxconn facility in Vishakhapatnam, India, Redmi 2 Prime is just enhanced GB variant of earlier launched Redmi 2.
Talking about the phone, Redmi 2 Prime comes with 4.7 inch HD IPS display protected with AGC Dragontrail Glass offering 1280 x 720 pixels resolution. It is a Dual SIM phone running on Android 4.4 based MIUI v6. Xiaomi has powered the Make in India phone with 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 (MSM8916 ) 64-bit processor coupled up with 2GB of RAM and Adreno 305 GPU. As per storage, we get 16GB internal memory which can be expanded upto 32GB using MicroSD Card.
Redmi 2 Prime offers us an 8 Megapixel rear camera with LED Flash, BSI sensor, f/2.2 aperture and Omnivision sensor capable to record upto 1080p Full HD video recording. There’s also a 2 Megapixel front-facing camera supporting upto 720P HD video recording. As per connectivity the device supports 4G LTE/3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS and USB OTG. It is running on 2200mAh battery.
Xiaomi Redmi 2 Prime specifications:
- MIUI v6 on top of Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- Dual SIM
- 4.7 inch IPS display with AGC Dragontrail Glass protection
- 1280 x 720 pixels resolution
- 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 (MSM8916 ) 64-bit processor
- 2GB RAM
- Adreno 305 GPU
- 16GB internal memory, expandable upto 32GB using MicroSD Card
- 8 Megapixel rear camera with LED Flash, BSI sensor, f/2.2 aperture, Omnivision sensor, 1080p video
- 2 Megapixel front-facing camera, 720P HD video recording
- 4G LTE/3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS and USB OTG
- 2200mAh battery