Meet the new Samsung Gear S2, Gear S2 3G and Gear S2 Classic Smartwatches
It was expected that Samsung will reveal the next Gear S Smartwatches at IFA which starts from tomorrow, but surprisingly Samsung announced the Gear S2, Gear S2 3G and Gear S2 classic ahead of IFA 2015. However, the company will showcase these watches at IFA itself.
Running on Tizen OS, all three Smartwatches comes with Circular Super AMOLED displays with rotating bezel. Being upgraded devices, all Gear S2 variants have Back and Home buttons as well allowing you to Navigate through the Apps and UI comfortably. In fact the new Gear S2 3G even has built-in e-SIM slot using which you can even make and receive calls. It also lets you use 3G connectivity.
The new Gear S2, Gear S2 3G and Gear S2 classic are IP67 Certified, which means they are Dust and Water Resistant. Samsung has powered them with 1GHz Dual Core CPU coupled up with 512MB of RAM. They come with 4GB internal storage as well. All three Smartwatches has nearly the same specifications apart from the band quality and colors. Let’s first have a look at their specs list:
- Tizen Wearable OS
- 1.2 inch Super AMOLED display
- 360×360 pixels resolution with 302 ppi
- 1 GHz Dual-Core processor
- 512MB of RAM
- 4GB internal storage
- IP67 Certified Dust and Water Resistant
- 2G, 3G, Call via SIM card (Only in Gear S2 3G)
- WiFi: 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, NFC
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Heart Rate, Ambient Light, Barometer
- 250mAh Li-ion battery (Gear S2 and S2 classic)
- 300mAh Li-ion battery (Gear S2 3G)