Sony introduced their latest Flagship smartphone Xperia Z5 at IFA today. Just like we expected, it is a powerhouse with amazing display and other features. Sony will start shipping the phone from next month, i.e. October in 4 different color choices including Green, Graphite Black, Gold and White. The phone also looks more amazing because of its rear frosted glass packaging.
Just like predecessors in Xperia Z series lineup, Xperia Z5 is also IPX5 / IPX8 certified Dust and Water resistance smartphone with capless USB this time. The phone sports a Full HD 5.2 inch Triluminos Display with 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution and comes out of the box with Android 5.1 Lollipop. Sony has powered up the Flagship with 3GB of RAM, Adreno 430 GPU and Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor from which we can surely expect amazing performance, smoother multitasking and HD gaming.
Sony claims it saying their Best Camera Phone so far. Well, it seems so. Xperia Z5 comes with 23 Megapixel rear camera powered by Exmos RS sensor, 1/2.3″ sensor, f/2.0 sensor and G lens capable to record 4K videos. At the front facing, we get 5 Megapixel Selfie shooter with Exmor R sensor and 25mm wide-angle lens. In terms of connectivity, Xperia Z5 supports 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11a / b / g / n / ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS/ GLONASS, MHL 3.0 and NFC. The phone is running on 2900mAh Battery with STAMINA mode. It features Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 as well.
Another features of Sony Xperia Z5 includes Fingerprint sensor beautifully placed on the right side of the device. For music fans, there is Sony DSEE HX audio technology and LDAC codec allowing you to experience music never like before as well as high-quality wireless playback. There’s huge list of compatible accessories for Xperia Z5 we published in another article.
Sony Xperia Z5 Specifications:
- Android 5.1 Lollipop
- 5.2 inch Full HD Triluminos Display
- 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor
- 3GB of RAM
- Adreno 430 GPU
- 32GB internal storage, expandable upto 200GB using microSD card
- 23 Megapixel rear camera with Exmos RS sensor, 1/2.3″ sensor, f/2.0 sensor and G lens
- 5 Megapixel front-facing camera with Exmor R sensor and 25mm wide-angle lens
- 4K video recording
- IPX5 / IPX8 rating for dust and water resistance
- Fingerprint sensor
- Sony DSEE HX audio technology, LDAC codec
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11a / b / g / n / ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS/ GLONASS, MHL 3.0 and NFC
- 2900mAh Battery with STAMINA mode and Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0